Brutalizer + Stinger = new item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dustyspells

09-28-2012

I like brutalizer and stinger. They are pretty nice early item for the price, especially when I want to build some cool down for AD champ.
But, the problem is that they only have one upgrade for each, and those(ghostblade and Nashor's) are not quite cost-efficient and have limited use. Ghostblade is only good for a few melee champs. And Nashor's tooth... well maybe Teemo can use it.
So I suggest combined Brutalizer and Stinger to build up to a new item that is more usable for AD champs in general.

<Demacian Might>
item tier: Legendary
icon graphic: a glowing spiked mace
item price: 2777 (1337 + 1090 + 350)
item stat:
40 attack damage, 40% attack speed, Unique passive: 20% cooldown reduction and 20 armor penetration

It doesn't have a fancy unique effect, but it has a solid base stats for the price

axesandspears

09-28-2012

Ranged ad carries are balanced around 0% cooldown reduction; therefore, adding a physical damage item that provides cooldown reduction with no catch (something that makes it weak, like Youmuu's Ghostblade's dependency on the active) is a bad idea. This type of request requires rebalancing an entire champion archetype, and many other ad champions outside of that archetype.

Physical damage + cdr is just a bad idea to suggest.

TheRottenCrow

09-28-2012

omg. your response actually explained alot of meta game and stuff to me. thank you axesandspears

Blockbuster

09-29-2012

Season 3 has a serious item overhaul incoming, with main focus on AD casters, so let's just wait and see.

axesandspears

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gngrbrdmn View Post
Season 3 has a serious item overhaul incoming, with main focus on AD casters, so let's just wait and see.
1. "Ad casters" are a myth. The entire category is composed of bruisers, and assassins that become bruisers later on. Another myth is the "lack of ad caster items", as all "ad casters" can easily obtain their cdr from defensive items (which they must build as bruisers), and everything else those champions need is already accessible.

2. Riot is more likely to focus on changing ad carry itemization--starting with nerfs--based on Xypherous's statements on this forum.

cerabrete2

10-01-2012

AD+cdr probably more useful for bruisers than ADC. This is why they get brutilizer.

I think the AD for the item is a bit high. It goes from 25-->40 just from finishing the recipe. Maybe add a longsword to the recipe to make it from 35-->40 or have it be 30. Right now its OP

Kagami

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gngrbrdmn View Post
The largest thing for AD casters won't be new items, but rather letting Armor/Magic Pen scale better between % and flat, or at least Xypherous' comments suggest it is a good possibility.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerabrete2 View Post
AD+cdr probably more useful for bruisers than ADC. This is why they get brutilizer.
That's pretty false actually. CDR would be insanely good on a lot of ADCs, particularly Ashe (reduced Hawkshot/ECA CD), Draven (dat ulti), Graves (I still grab Youmuu's on him sometimes) and Varus (spell combo focused AD carry).

AD bruisers just have easier itemization for CDR. They can afford not building pure damage (in fact, they always NEED at least a little defense and utility in their builds) and still be very effective. AD carries, however, are designed for pure damage output; thus, the closest an AD carry will come to CDR in their items is Stinger, Brutalizer and Youmuu's. All of those are weak on AD carries specifically to prevent them from buying them.

This is because AD carries are balanced around having 0% CDR.