Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxKarma

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenBLD View Post
However, I hope the team MIGHT consider buffing Orianna's "Command:Attack" a bit.
guess you havent read recent notes. they just nerfed it. made it useable faster to burn through even more mana and made it stupid slower while lowering the cooldown to burn through even more mana then made it do less damage AND have even worse ap ratios...

no its not getting a buff any time this decade

XxxKarma

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandoraIsALady View Post
Of course I'm not a fan of new champion nerfs in general--its a way for Riot to generate more money.
hence why they can still post this game and have it free for loafers like you. its called good business lol. i guess thats why you still get paid minimum wage and work 60 hours a week :P

MASTER TOKER

08-13-2012

I like how zyra got nerfed because she had no equal.. have you seen a vlad against her? his pool kills all of her plants makes her ult useless then he can do as he pleases. she is just good at killing other mages when they are dumb enough to kite behind her.

HAVE YOU FORGOTEN THERE IS STILL A DARIUS MONSTER OUT THERE?? building complete tank yet carrying team fights.....

B4ndo

08-13-2012

Too many nerfs

LORD kitosuisue

08-13-2012

she is not that powerful in game play she dies like crazy if u ask me and she sucks at holding down lanes when certain champions are in the lane because she is easily damaged and can be killed with no problem and her ultimate is not that great it kind of sucks and she need to be altered in amor and health and mana she sucks in the begging of the game on is ok if u gain enough gold to build her up and not die and feed the team

ClamPaint

08-13-2012

overkill?

Ehntee

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedricChampion View Post
you couldve at least treated her like darius and started off nerfing her slowly by patch, but this seems way over the top to do it at once, and with the other nerfs reducing her power by a bit you shouldve at least let her keep the 10 movement speed since she had no mobility anyway. I couldve seen it being taken away with only her plants being nerfed but now the ms just seems to cripple her more. cant say anything though until i use her after the patch though, just seems like a lot of nerfs all at once.

tl:dr: the amount of nerfs at one time is downright darius

and could you at least take zyra out to dinner after, she likes to be wined and dined after shes been ****ED!!!

Why would you compare the two? Darius is an AD champ and as a result, CLEARLY more deserving of careful attention that some AP punk-champion. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother producing AP-only champions anymore. Most people I've seen prefer playing AD champs anyways, so it's only APPROPREATE that they give a big-fat-finger to anyone who plays AP champtions.

No really, though. I main AP and I do feel like that sometimes... Zyra's the first champion in a LONG time that had some semblance of origionality. While she was OP, and in need of serious tweeking, the best response they could POSSIBLY think of was to just nerf everything that made her possibly OP so people would stop playing her, forget about her and then bada-bing. They don't have to do anymore work to her because no one will give a flying **** about her anymore.

They did this with Oriana (and Yoric, so I hear, though I never really played him).

sirturkey1

08-13-2012

Good changes. I think this is actually one of the times where you didn't go overboard in response to a champions release state

BobOfGoo

08-14-2012

I felt what made Zyra strong is that her seeds have a really short cooldown and can be spammed with spells very easily at no cost. If we looked at all the ammo system champions (Teemo and Heimer on top of my head) they have about 20 seconds on their recharge of their ammo. Zyra already started off with 17 seconds and goes down to 13 seconds at max level. In addition, placing plants are free as to placing turrets/shrooms cost minimum of 70 mana. I do not really think her movement is the issue. It's more of the using plants/seeds to zone is a big problem.

My apology if it is a repost, too many posts to read through

ZapMyHeart

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOfGoo View Post
I felt what made Zyra strong is that her seeds have a really short cooldown and can be spammed with spells very easily at no cost. If we looked at all the ammo system champions (Teemo and Heimer on top of my head) they have about 20 seconds on their recharge of their ammo. Zyra already started off with 17 seconds and goes down to 13 seconds at max level. In addition, placing plants are free as to placing turrets/shrooms cost minimum of 70 mana. I do not really think her movement is the issue. It's more of the using plants/seeds to zone is a big problem.

My apology if it is a repost, too many posts to read through
If you want to make Zyra UP like Heimer, sure, you can make her seeds have a longer cooldown and cost mana...

There's a reason why Heimer is getting a rework xD