Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

James Lockhart

08-13-2012

I've really never found her that overwhelming. Her plants die fast, don't attack towers, and are a pain to get out more than 2. I admit her burst damage was impressive but aside fro her ult wasn't that bad.

NomadOfSiberia

08-13-2012

Post not relevant to this thread.

Patroks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Is it just me or did they add a slight delay on the damage of her ult?

Xyltin

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante88 View Post
Something I would really love to see is Zyra's plants getting a proper health pool. Other champions with turrets like Shaco and Heimerdinger and fully capable of tanking minions and champions and doing a large amount of damage before dying. Zyra's plants do almost exactly the same thing as Heimer's turrets, difference being that you can actually hit and kill the plants without being in the thorn range with ranged autoattacks and kill them with one ability cast. Teams that know this, cripple Zyra in team fights immensely, while I have seen Shaco and Heimer kill champions solely, 100% of the damage dealt with their summoned turrets, simply because you can't kill them fast enough or due to fear/slow, run away either.
Shacos JitB are normally a 1 hit late game for nearly every AD champ.

Heimer turrets have a very low cast range. Heimer is UP while Zyra was OP and is still very strong.

Her plants are their for doing some extra dmg (or slow). If the enemy needs to deal dmg to them in a team fight, they would lose dmg onto the important targets. And hitting them with AOE is not always easy, cause they can be planted away from your important team mates.

AP shaco is only good against noobs (or when there is a huge skill gap). There is no shaco anymore that kills with his boxes.

Heimer can kill alone with his turrets (or his rockets), but they have a long CD, low cast range and he has no dmg ult. All his CC is a hard to hit grenade.
Heimer without turrets is pretty weak and needs time to deal dmg with his rockets.

Zyra has her Q and E as main spells. Her ult deals a lot of dmg and is a CC. She has a high range for all her skills. Her AP ratios are good. Her base dmg is good.

And about the plants:
26 + 6*lvl (+0.2 AP) => 134 dmg late game without AP (At lvl 6 her plants have a higher base dmg)
500 AA range / 825 cast range
Heimerdinger:
62 (+0.2 AP)
525 AA range / 250 cast range

The difference is the AS: 0.8 from Zyra vs 1.25 from heimer (+50% for the first 6 sec while hers have +50% in her ult).
But heimer has 20 sec CD while Zyra has only 10 sec CD late (20% CDR used on both champs).
Her E plant also has a slow, while Heimer needs his ult to have a CC on his towers.

blazewing19

08-13-2012

well ima a decent zyra player thats not the best so yay this patch wont sting alot for me AND DARIUS NEEDS ANOTHER NERF

Xyltin

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patroks View Post
Is it just me or did they add a slight delay on the damage of her ult?
They changed it, so that her ult deals the dmg when the rakes reaches the target.
But that was actually changed pretty fast (i think 1 week before the hotfix right after her release)

Yimie

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazewing19 View Post
well ima a decent zyra player thats not the best so yay this patch wont sting alot for me AND DARIUS NEEDS ANOTHER NERF
Reading comprehension please.

The hotfix was applied a week ago already. They only mentioned it in the patch preview to explain why it happened.

Patroks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
They changed it, so that her ult deals the dmg when the rakes reaches the target.
But that was actually changed pretty fast (i think 1 week before the hotfix right after her release)
I was away for that week so that'd be why I never knew about this.

Grand Eleven

08-13-2012

No one has asked the really important question: when do we get our alien/queen of blades/whatever clever title you want to give it skin for Zyra? Pulsefire EZ needs an alien host/swarm to focus his future tech against

Seriously .. hot fix this in.

LordBlaster

08-13-2012

Can you make Deadly Bloom happen quicker... often I like to throw seeds nail deadly bloom, then grasping roots to hold the enemy for a bit, but often find my roots hitting the seeds before deadly bloom and mucking it all up. :{