Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

guptee

08-13-2012

zyra still has the higest win rate in soloq and doesnt lose any match ups. talk about being underpowered

Darkleoco

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptee View Post
zyra still has the higest win rate in soloq and doesnt lose any match ups. talk about being underpowered
Soloq blind and draft im sure would show a significant difference. She does lose match ups that much is painfully clear now especially against Anivia and that insane burst damage. If you can keep Zyra in one place you can kill her without much hassle.

Illecebra

08-13-2012

Something I would really love to see is Zyra's plants getting a proper health pool. Other champions with turrets like Shaco and Heimerdinger and fully capable of tanking minions and champions and doing a large amount of damage before dying. Zyra's plants do almost exactly the same thing as Heimer's turrets, difference being that you can actually hit and kill the plants without being in the thorn range with ranged autoattacks and kill them with one ability cast. Teams that know this, cripple Zyra in team fights immensely, while I have seen Shaco and Heimer kill champions solely, 100% of the damage dealt with their summoned turrets, simply because you can't kill them fast enough or due to fear/slow, run away either.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Some damage reduction I can see why, but thats alot, and ult range nerf? AND MS nerf? I played her and the MS is **** now, do I have to use MS runes/masterys to "work as Riot intended now"? Oh wait, they don't want her to work, but they sure want Darius to!

ReflectedZero

08-13-2012

I somewhat agree with the nerf, but on the other hand its gonna kill off this champ, i think the burst for zyra was a tad overpowered but to be completely honest its needed she is the squishiest mid champ i have ever played she makes veigar look tanky, she needs more base health, mana, armor, and mr to make these changes even remotely viable, unless these issues get addressed, your pretty much making another eve (before the buff)

Krimson62

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReflectedZero View Post
I somewhat agree with the nerf, but on the other hand its gonna kill off this champ, i think the burst for zyra was a tad overpowered but to be completely honest its needed she is the squishiest mid champ i have ever played she makes veigar look tanky, she needs more base health, mana, armor, and mr to make these changes even remotely viable, unless these issues get addressed, your pretty much making another eve (before the buff)
i think since they took away her damage they could have at least kept her movespeed.

Her real problem is not being able to get away from ANYTHING.
She's only got one CC spell and it's a skillshot. miss it and she dies.

The movement speed nerf was too much.

I'm getting used to using one plant, then placing another as first is about to die. or bursting heavy if theyre low.

but her movement speed even with quints is sad

ReflectedZero

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
i think since they took away her damage they could have at least kept her movespeed.

Her real problem is not being able to get away from ANYTHING.
She's only got one CC spell and it's a skillshot. miss it and she dies.

The movement speed nerf was too much.

I'm getting used to using one plant, then placing another as first is about to die. or bursting heavy if theyre low.

but her movement speed even with quints is sad
totally agree with you there see at least veigar has and AOE stun that can literally choke the lane, and yes her movespeed is gross as hell, i honestly believe these changes will change her from a mid champ to being a support champ at best

Moosin

08-13-2012

Post not relevant to this thread.

MrLàzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Post not relevant to this thread.

PandoraIsALady

08-13-2012

Of course I'm not a fan of new champion nerfs in general--its a way for Riot to generate more money. Release new champs only to nerf them in two weeks. >.< On another note, anyone else feel like her passive is "meh?" Its great damage, but also a skill shot that isn't a guaranteed hit. Plus, its only usable in death... which when I play her, doesn't happen so often. =\