Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Batchet

08-12-2012

Post not relevant to this thread.

WhiteBoySamurai

08-12-2012

Bummer. Seems like a lot.

Roebling

08-12-2012

As we can all agree, Zyra was built upon being a utility mage, as well as a nice zoner, and she even has some nice sustained damage. While I think that her previous nerfs were necessary, especially since it was for upcoming tournaments, as you noted in the patch. HOWEVER, there is a problem with the nerfs.

Yes, Zyra should not be the automatic pick to go mid with, but the nerfs now have her out of the competitive scene. I believe this is mainly due to the nerf to her range of her casting for her ult, as well as how slowly it now reaches the perimeter to pop everyone up, .2 seconds longer than previously. All of this paired with how squishy and slow she is to get in position to throw it down? Just rather sub-par. While this may seem minor, it is actually quite significant and noticeable.

Before the nerfs, it was possible to get out of her ultimate, but now it is just rather easy. I have even been Anivia halfway in the ultimate and simply walked out. Nerf the damage, please, as long as she can have her knock-up back. Without the knockup, why not chose Orianna, you have great range with her ball, and an almost guaranteed pull in and stun. Granted it is smaller, but at least you know what you are getting. Orianna just simply seems to outclass Zyra in utility, and the small damage output that Zyra has over Orianna simply does not make Zyra the pick of someone such as Orianna.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/zyr...num#statistics

This shows her win percentage plummet from 63 percent to below 50. It also shows her popularity go from 35% to below 10%. Facts here people...

Pixeldemon

08-12-2012

Classic Riot bait and switch. This happens so often, it's practically routine.

Methaeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

These are very welcome changes to a champ that seemed daunting to lane against. She still seems like a very viable choice as a mid, and the only "brutal" nerf is her movespeed, although if you can correctly CC and kite, it's not a moot point anyway. And for all those who complain about the changes rolling out all at once, there are many other games that do this. This type of hotfix is NOT new in any sense. What purpose would it serve to release the nerfs bit by bit? A nerf is a nerf is a nerf no matter the amount of time it is spread out, so it's better, in my opinion, that they "get it over with" instead of dragging it along like they did with Darius.

Player5xx

08-12-2012

I like the champ and am glad for the nerf. It means she wont be banned and i can play her. Something I'd like to see changed is the casting on her passive. you cant actually shoot the ability for a bit after you die yet you can input the command immediately. many times in teamfights im about to die and try to squeeze in one more spell but then i die and it counts as launching my passive in just whatever direction. the way to cast it is fine but if you could make it so you still can aim it before you are able to cast but not able to actually click the mouse to set it off until it is castable i would really appriciate it. I've played her since she came out and have missed out on quite a few kills, even multikills because of what i feel is a design flaw. thank you =)

Ephringael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

I do not approve. Now how am I going to feel totally epic when I bounce a Brand ulti off her carefully placed plants, press Q, and proceed to W E for the kill?

Oh wait, I can still do that.

espn123

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roebling View Post
http://www.lolking.net/champions/zyr...num#statistics

This shows her win percentage plummet from 63 percent to below 50. It also shows her popularity go from 35% to below 10%. Facts here people...
Eh, I don't know what statistics you're looking at but here's the conclusions I've drawn from the Zyra statistics on lolking.net:

from 7/26 to 8/7(pre-nerf) Zrya had winrates each day between 57.50% - 60.93% across all ranked games in all regions. She also had an over 50% winrate in mid vs any other mid across all ranked games in all regions. (So no legitimate counter and the highest win rate of any champion)

Post-Nerf Zyra winning percentage by day all ranked games in all regions:
8/8: 52.82%
8/9: 53.18%
8/10: 53.60%

So, it looks like to me Zyra is still winning at a relatively better than average rate and still slightly over powered.

The issues with her popularity are just due to the bans that are being given to her because of her OP status. She's being banned around 71% of the time. She was used in 11.13% of games on 8/10. So that's roughly 39.5% of the time when she isn't banned she's being used. Pretty popular IMO.

Roebling

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn123 View Post
Eh, I don't know what statistics you're looking at but here's the conclusions I've drawn from the Zyra statistics on lolking.net:

from 7/26 to 8/7(pre-nerf) Zrya had winrates each day between 57.50% - 60.93% across all ranked games in all regions. She also had an over 50% winrate in mid vs any other mid across all ranked games in all regions. (So no legitimate counter and the highest win rate of any champion)

Post-Nerf Zyra winning percentage by day all ranked games in all regions:
8/8: 52.82%
8/9: 53.18%
8/10: 53.60%

So, it looks like to me Zyra is still winning at a relatively better than average rate and still slightly over powered.

The issues with her popularity are just due to the bans that are being given to her because of her OP status. She's being banned around 71% of the time. She was used in 11.13% of games on 8/10. So that's roughly 39.5% of the time when she isn't banned she's being used. Pretty popular IMO.
Very good points here. However, the nerfs obviously had quite the impact in pro-play. Her utility for sure fell off, hence why we have only seen Zyra once this tournament. Ori just provides more utility. More CC and utility with only slightly less damage. I think that point should not be overlooked.

Turtlerocket

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
LeBlanc is a massive lane bully with very low team fight presence. Zyra arguably offers the most late game utility of any mage we've ever released. LeBlanc needs to dominate lane to have any relevance at all; Zyra doesn't.
Because turning the teamfight into a 4v5 instantly isn't meaningful.
Right?