Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warscythes

08-11-2012

I wish Riot would stop linking people from youtube to LoL GD.

The forum is bad enough already.

Shyvana l3ot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy kill joy View Post
now diana
she needs buff not a nerf. her initial damage over her ability is weak, and if not a jungler she is very very squishy.

chiyo

08-11-2012

Yeah Zyra needed a nerf.. I was on a 10 game winning streak with her.. yeah it was all blind pick but still. After the hot fix, I lost 7 straight. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I feel she definitely got nerfed a bit too much. IMO, nerf her range, but not her damage. Please fix as Zyra is one of my fav mid champs!!

FaerKhan

08-11-2012

The thing I am most frustrated with is Riot continually releasing super OP champs and then nerfing them hard (after everyone has spent thier RP on them), as opposed to releasing slightly underpowered champs and then buffing them after they've been live for a bit.

Just my $.02

Fadar

08-12-2012

One thing that makes me want the Movementsspeed back is that a couple of last games i had two katarinas constantly jumping into my turret after hitting level 6. I could do nothing. I was too slow to run away even when i rooted her she could just "jump" to me.
My ult was useless, before the knockup came I was already dead.

I really hope Riot will overthink this whole nerf at least a bit. And I hope they make these changes in the PBE phase next time. Talking about Diana and Rengar already.

Silkdawn

08-12-2012

Problem with Zyra is:

* To high damage and she gets OP due to her zoning/range and CC.
* To little damage and it all falls apart and she is neither useful as range, pusher or mage, which is everything shes supposed to be.*

Youve put yourself in a bad situation here Riot. Maybe if you mess around with her utility like making her seeds stay up forever until used or just way longer time and make her plants stay up longer aswell and have more health. It could let her have poor damage and still be useful.

* If you cant hurt, no opponent cares if you stun/slow/knockup them. Being a pusher and having thoose abilities comes with the fact that you can put them into serious trouble (doesnt mean killing, but hurting like hell) if they mess with you, if you cant, it doesnt work.

EDIT: Also you cant hit **** with her passive death shot. Takes ages before you can shoot it. Not to mention you *BEEP* it up as youre eager to shoot it and cant and miss 75% of the time. Needs a fix, this should be aimed instantly as you die.

McMaca

08-12-2012

RIP Zyra

Asko

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMaca View Post
RIP Zyra
SGS beat curse in game 2 that caused curse to ban Zyra in game 3.

L2p maybe?

[or let me guess: curse sucks as they don't know how to counter but you are skilled and smart enough to be able to handle Zyra which undoubtly proves that Zyra nerfs weren't necessary]

MrChickenheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

That's a pretty big nerf, huh?

I just wanna suggest a slight reduction of the time before Stranglethorns knocks up the enemies, if you dont give some of the base damage back. Or maybe if we could activate it to knock up before the 2 seconds mark, losing the plants attack speed bonus.

Also, am I the only one who don't like her passive? You ever thought of a rework for it? Maybe an animation like the one from Grasping Roots that would chase one chosen target and damage enemies it passes through?
That would seem more appropriate to her...

PS: I would be very happy to hear your opinion about it. I always feel ignored on this forum ;(

Cattlyst

08-12-2012

Nyjacky was getting manhandled by that Zyra, and Nyjacky is an AP Mid player that got -first blood- during level 1 fights.