Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObscureClockwork

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphtronics View Post
imba 4 nerf because high elo do well with her in tournaments
thats how nerfing should be though.
look at orianna
nerfed because of high elo

but at least riot did give her enough QoL so she is playable by everyone at her state now

Snailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Isn't it interesting that Zyra can do so much damage and she is nerfed down to the ground, yet LeBlanc still does crazy full hp damage all in the blink of the eye, but no nerfs to make her utilityshine...

ObscureClockwork

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailed View Post
Isn't it interesting that Zyra can do so much damage and she is nerfed down to the ground, yet LeBlanc still does crazy full hp damage all in the blink of the eye, but no nerfs to make her utilityshine...
zyra does aoe (mostly)
leblanc does single target (mostly)

its like giving orianna cass-level damage for her skill rotation
wont happen

and zyra has quite a bit more teamwide utility than leblanc
leblanc's utility generally revolves around leblanc

and zyra doesn't seem to be nerfed to the ground
i'd wager it isnt as bad as eve nerfs or orianna nerfs (those were closer to the ground than zyra)

Snailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
zyra does aoe (mostly)
leblanc does single target (mostly)

its like giving orianna cass-level damage for her skill rotation
wont happen

and zyra has quite a bit more teamwide utility than leblanc
leblanc's utility generally revolves around leblanc

and zyra doesn't seem to be nerfed to the ground
i'd wager it isnt as bad as eve nerfs or orianna nerfs (those were closer to the ground than zyra)
Lol I havn't seen Diana loose a game yet and its only been one day. this will be interesting

Xyltin

08-07-2012

Zyra was sadi to be the most broken OP champ Riot ever released (and didn't nerf in the next 24 hours) by a lot of pro players.
She was on a lvl that no good player thought that Riot would use this version of her in the S2 champ. (they are going to use the Zyra patch with the hotfix).
Taking one ban from one team is not good in tournaments.

Zyra is still strong and probably one of the top 10 AP champs (i would say still top5). So why bother?
this is like the Ahri nerfs. People said the nerfs were too much and that she would be trash after them. Now she is still one of the best 3 AP champs.

ObscureClockwork

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailed View Post
Lol I havn't seen Diana loose a game yet and its only been one day. this will be interesting
but diana is melee, so she falls in a different category as ranged champions.

its risk vs reward at work there

but diana is new. two weeks may be enough is she is super op, but i don't think she is worse than zyra
but PBE has been getting worse and worse.
way many trolls on it
probably less testing goes on that there should

ObscureClockwork

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Zyra was sadi to be the most broken OP champ Riot ever released (and didn't nerf in the next 24 hours) by a lot of pro players.
She was on a lvl that no good player thought that Riot would use this version of her in the S2 champ. (they are going to use the Zyra patch with the hotfix).
Taking one ban from one team is not good in tournaments.

Zyra is still strong and probably one of the top 10 AP champs (i would say still top5). So why bother?
this is like the Ahri nerfs. People said the nerfs were too much and that she would be trash after them. Now she is still one of the best 3 AP champs.
i personally still think zyra does not have enough risk in her kit to have all she does have, and that ult radius is pretty hefty (radius, not range)

but we'll see in a few days. i'd wager she would still be around the top 5, like you said.

Xyltin

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Dad View Post
These are the type of statements that really show your lack of balance concepts. You are fine to allow LB to be an insane lane bully, almost immune to ganks.... and sorry her team fight presence is the ability to instantly pop the cary of your choice even if it is a trade it is a trade you dictate.

but then you condem other champs for having strengths....it is very inconsistent and poor balance. It is like darius you made him this unstoppable force to lane against yet that IS THE GAME laning is incredibly important.....

then you release diana.... who has insane lane presence and safety, and the "PERFECT" jungle kit as well.

You need to start to really take a look at your design, creating champs that are entitled to win thier lane is not good for the game. creating champs with the perfect kit is not good for the game.
And still Darius is not used in a tournament (was used, but was never really effective).

LB was also not used for some time (only Regi used her, but that time is over).

Zyra was on a lvl, every mid laner had to learn her. If she would have been open in a tournament she would have been an insta pick.

Zyra was able to nearly deal LB dmg over 825 range, with more CC, DPS, lower CDs and overall a better range.
At the same time she was nearly imune to ganks if you played her right.
She was 3 times as good as LB in teamfights (and still is).
She can farm way better than LB (and safer).

The only thing she actually can't/couldn't do as good as LB: Jump over walls.

Diana is new and not a S2 championship problem (time).
Darius can easily get ganked. If he falls behind, he can be nearly useless for is team.

SweetRAGE

08-07-2012

im glad that these nerfs r happening, it's just a way to make champions fair in team fights and one on ones, just trying to even things out. Thanks Riot

FreeHugs4all

08-08-2012

I saw the post in announcement forms which linked to this thread, but why is it not showing on the front page like the rest of the posts in that announcement section?