Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anomandar

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Not sure how a champion that needed the amount of nerfs she is receiving can actually make it out of the testing phase (IE: PBE).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tist

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Good. I'm tired of shutting down this champion to just be shat on regardless


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICastShadows

Senior Member

08-07-2012

I really think this is absolutely the best way to approach a nerf. Its nice that we can get a well thought out and organized post detailing the what and why's.

The fact we get to actually dialog with the people making the changes is on par with riot's "Bringing you the Awesome" philosophy.

I seriously cringe when people just throw "Whatever, garbage now" posts. Like I honestly felt bad for Morello, they are obv trying, not only to balance Zyra, but keep the community informed.

I think a lot of us forget LoL is these red's baby. Don't be a jerk.

Any way keep up the good work guys, its seriously, SERIOUSLY, appreciated all the way out here in the great white north. (Wisconsin)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TyranosoarusRekt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
For this, we all agreed on these changes, I looked over these pretty extensively myself.

Additionally, you argued "nah it's fine" instead of refuting or contesting CertainlyT's well-articulated points. It's hard to have a balance dialog against "no." This is one of the most clear cut cases of OP we've had in a long time.
You say "This is one of the most clear cut cases of OP we've had in a long time." What about Darius? You take away the grace period and you think he isn't OP anymore? What about the fact you can't get away from him while he constantly slows you and pulls you back while doing tons of damage... I don't see why you are slamming harder to play champions with huge nerfs but not easy to play more OP champions...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICastShadows

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomandar View Post
Not sure how a champion that needed the amount of nerfs she is receiving can actually make it out of the testing phase (IE: PBE).
Because most 2k+ players are not playing a whole ton of games on the pbe.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TyranosoarusRekt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
In the mean time, put some faith in our balance folks -- they generally get things right.
*cough* Darius *cough*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plugout

Senior Member

08-07-2012

I guess the thread about Darius and graves changes got lost in the mail?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICastShadows

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuReXBeaTDowN View Post
You say "This is one of the most clear cut cases of OP we've had in a long time." What about Darius? You take away the grace period and you think he isn't OP anymore? What about the fact you can't get away from him while he constantly slows you and pulls you back while doing tons of damage... I don't see why you are slamming harder to play champions with huge nerfs but not easy to play more OP champions...
You cant get away? Any form of peel will get darius off you and fast. I agree, he's a pain, and I hate his passive, (in a sense that it's strong) but he has to get real close, and that pull is a relativly short gap closer that has no damage tied to it.

I think it's unfair to say you "Can't get him off of you".

More like, "Clicking in the opposite direction of Darius will not save my life"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anomandar

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICastShadows View Post
Because most 2k+ players are not playing a whole ton of games on the pbe.
Pretty sure Riot has a few "high" level players that do "testing".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captiva

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Looks like I will be looking for a different mid. Last timd I EVER buy a new champ.