League of Legends: The Fall of the League, As Foretold by Necromonger (reposted)

12345612 ... 44
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

faplarp

09-11-2010

Will read again, this is too f*ckin good, keep it up. +10

Necromonger

09-11-2010

Act II scene ii - Revelations

Deep in the inferno, Mordekaiser awoke to find himself on hard, blackened ash and soil. His soul-sight was overwhelmed by the negative energy of this place, as though the sense itself was boring needles into his eyes.

He removed his helm, and saw a blood-red sky with brimstone and ****ed souls streaking across the horizon. The illumination was as dusk, and the air heavy with smoke and despair. The red and black armor of Hate was over-charged, as fell energies seemed to seethe from the joints; it was home.

Ashura, the mysterious female master of the Kinkou, had been waiting for the dark one to awake. She was sitting cross legged by a small fire.

"The armor is truly fascinating, is it not?" She said, though her eyes were fixed on the flames.

"I'm not really sure whether to kiss you or kill you for making this armor for me." He said, wiping the fatigue from his face. He must have fallen an imaginable height. To have survived was not unexpected, as the armor's energies were boundless in this unholy place. He noticed they were actually camping in a deep crater, of his descent's making.

"Hmm? Why do you think that armor was for you?" She made eye contact with Mordekaiser, somehow affected by the statement. No emotion was shown there, however. "There are multiple layers of metal that comes off if not held in place. A non-ferrokinetic would be stripped bare after a few solid blows. How could it not be for me?" he caused loose pieces of metal to float a small distance from him, and returned them to demonstrate.

"That armor I made was originally for your father." Ashura stated firmly, as though soliciting a response, which came promptly. "Hold it right there. I was an orphan who never knew my parents... How were you involved with them?" He asked, curious and yet growing in angst at the woman before him.

"It probably doesn't bother you right now for me to say I am the cause of their deaths." No shock came from either of them, but there was a long silence. Mordekaiser sat down with Ashura to hear her part.

"No, I never knew them... I suppose it wouldn't hurt to." He was definitely not expecting her to be a link to his unknown past.

"Sigh... your father was a necromancer warlord from the Shadow Isles, hellbent on the throne of the Necromancer
-King. your mother... and I... were seny to put him down, by entering his service. Your mother, ever the naive recruit, thought she could change his ways." she began her tale, which would quickly ellicit interjection.

"My mother was of the Kinkou?" "One of the families comprising the Kinkou is a clan of ferro-kinetics. the two of us- even you were from the same clan." she answered. "Does that make me..." "No. You must be born and raised to be of the clan."

"Never mind that. The armor? for a necromancer?" Mordekaiser's curiosity was being driven.

"Ah yes. To quickly gain his trust, I used my ferro-kinetic abilities to craft him the armor... but she went a step beyond, and fell in love with the devilish man's charms, and quickly bore a son." Ashura paused, knowning the dark one would have something to say.

"Necromancer don't have heirs. It sounds to me my 'father', terrible necromancer he was, would kill me." He said, speaking from experience of the death-worshipping culture of his home.

"No, your father had a good side to him, and was fairly fond of you. It was The Order that saw our personal involvement had gone too far- I was given the order to kill them both, or bring the wrath of the order down upon us."

"And just like that, you complied?"

"I had no choice in the matter. The master before me was a terrible master hemomancer, decades ahead of that fellow, Vladimir... he carried the entire order with a terrible curse to ensure his will was done by my hands."

"He could make any living thing do his bidding? what a terrible power... hopefully Vladimir doesn't learn that trick."

"I could not live with myself after what I'd done... throwing your father's ruined body into the sea... your mother in tears...ritual suicide was the only release from guilt, but not from my duty. The armor was corrupted by your father,
and it was capable enough to spirit you away, and transform me into..."

"Something." Mordekaiser finished for Ashura, as she looked at her own pale hands.

"Indeed. Something. The Kinkou were still looking for you- since I was no longer affected by that madman's power, I invoked the trial of succession, and with my bare hands killed the twisted old man." she said that with satisfaction.

"So the armor has been with me since I was born. What do... what's wrong?" Mordekaiser continued his inquiry, to the point he was caught unawares. Ashura jumped to attention from her seated position; She assumed a fighting stance. "The spirits of the dead have found us." she said, looking around as they were surrounded by spirits materalizing from the ground. The master of metal stayed her hand.

"Wait. These spirits. are familiar. No... it can't be." Mordekaiser dropped his mace, as he realized these were once his friends and classmates. Even the dogs that were sacrificed were here; Scribbles looked at him with sad eyes. One of the spirits, a middle aged woman whose features were worn by the despair of this place, caught Mordekaiser's eye- and pained his heart.

"No... no... Lisa's... mother." He walked towards a female spirit. He fell to his knees, trying to hold the specter's hands. He recalled the memories long supressed by the Armor of Hate, the fateful day he became Mordekaiser.

"Sieg. Why have you come here..." It spoke in a disembodied voice, though its mouth did not move.

"Mordekaiser, You can do nothing to save them." Ashura quickly went to him and reminded him.

"I know, it's just... Wait... where's Lisa?" the master of metal stood up and searched among the spirits of the dead.

"Sieg... my daughter... still walks the face of valoran. please... find her." Lisa's mother's final living intentions reached the dark warrior's soul. He turned to face her.

"Lisa's... alive?" He tried to mouth.

"Not necessarily. She walks the face of valoran, that is what she said." Ashura quoted what the spirit said, reminding him of what was. The master of metal slowly placed his hand on the ghost's shoulder, gently guiding her aside. "Let's find that demon and get out of here." A grim determination lifted Mordekaiser from his torpor; the Mace of Spades brought itself to Mordekaiser's hand. Whatever it was that kept him here would suffer greatly.

Ashura followed suit, but looked at Lisa' mother for a while... they locked eyes, and somewhere in the Master's soul, old feelings began to surface.

Odysseus1

09-11-2010

epic

alsowikk

09-11-2010

This is amazingly good. infinite thumbs up to you!

notDeAdYet

09-11-2010

replace riot lore team plz.

Petrichor1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

YAY the whole thing!!!!!

Kuranith

09-11-2010

Win. thank you, good sir.

FOX AFifthCyborg

09-11-2010

Pure win, sir.

Dacker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

AMAZING!. that's all i have to say really

Urfee

09-11-2010

I read it all over again It is AMAZING! Keep up the brilliant work

12345612 ... 44