Nunu is now viable!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-11-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0CUST View Post
and one game means nunu will not be getting buffed anytime in the near future..
Nah. Nunu needs love. He's not "worthless" is my only comment. Consume having no PvP value breaks my heart.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Bandwagoners ... sigh.

Having one good match with Nunu, or even various good matches, does not make him a viable pick. It means that it worked a few times.

You could win a match with Evelynn used in the highest levels of play and she still wouldn't be viable. Did no one here ever play DotA/HoN? do none of you know how balance/high level play work?...

Haestro

09-11-2010

Thing is, certain champs work well with veryyyy specific compositions. You can't just throw them down every time whenever you please like Mundo.(I wish I could) Not saying you shouldn't play who you enjoy to, but things can work out.

IronLegion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Nunu can clear his jungle and dragon in less than 5 mins into the game he has been viable since before his buff now hes just ridiculous.

bawchicawawa

09-11-2010

In a very coordinated team with synergy he is viable, he still needs a buff though.

Quantumprophecy

09-11-2010

He's not only viable, hes down right OP! Nerf!

SamuraiPanda

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Nah. Nunu needs love. He's not "worthless" is my only comment. Consume having no PvP value breaks my heart.
Idea: Let consume leave the target he uses it on with 1hp left instead of killing them. Then allow consume to work on ally minions.

Thus, Nunu + Jungle + Wriggle's Lantern = Consume in teamfights (and your ward will still have 1hp left). That way he can use consume FAR more often and it wouldn't be used to deny.

CosMoe

09-12-2010

You all probably mean this match where the team with Nunu won. Please watch it as it perfectly underlines why I think Nunu needs changes.

Araragi had to play tank Nunu and thus literally had 0 AP the whole match. Except for the first Ultimate in the bush by the Dragon and a second Ultimate at mid lane, all his Ultimates (and Ice Blasts) hit for very low damage, even with full channel time and Vladimir's Ultimate on top of it.

Just look at minute 44:55, Nunu getting autoattacked to death in about 3 seconds by the ranged Champions that simply ran out of Absolute Zero's range while only dealing about 400 damage to Amumu (who could have easily interrupted him as he still had Bandage Toss ready) with a fully channeled Ultimate.

I am a bit confused why Sion or Amumu did not use their Stuns more often to interrupt Nunu, but that may be because they can simply kill Nunu very quickly from afar (3 Champions had a higher attack range than Absolute Zero's range) and with 0 AP he did not scare them later on.

As expected, his Nunu also failed at chasing and slowing enemies multiple times because of Ice Blast's low range. Vladimir with Rylai's Scepter did this job much better. Moreover, Nunu was badly underleveled throughout the early part of the match. By the time the enemy Jungle Amumu was level 11 (Ultimate level 2) Nunu was still at level 9. Also, I did not see a single threatening gank by Nunu.

Watch the match and you'll see that Nunu got completely carried by the rest of his team and did not really contribute anything except for his strong Buff on Tristana and 2 nice (Bush)Ultimates early on.

Quote:
This is why I like to not react too hastily to balance. Players are creative and will find a lot of viability that's hidden away.
Just play Nunu yourself and see: Nunu's viability is literally hidden (in the bush!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0CUST View Post
and one game means nunu will not be getting buffed anytime in the near future..
This is what I also feared. But most players who will now try Nunu on Summoner's Rift will very soon realize that especially in solo Q it's a very bad decision because making your own team baiting the enemy team into your bush simply does not work without very high coordination.

Quote:
True that. But please take a look at Nunu's bugs also. I tried to find as many as possible and listed them in the thread linked above.