Another spotlight, another deathcap rush

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TCWA Tigerbite

08-07-2012

It does proc on your target. I think you have to attack the same target 3 times in a row (not positive).

Also, I built Nashor's Tooth on PBE and it felt like a waste (attack speed wise, couldn't tell much of a difference.) But the point is, it does speed up your attack which helps your passive faster. You also can't ignore the fact that it has a nice boost to AP, gives CDR, and also has mana regen!

The Fizznity

08-07-2012

So I haven't the IP for Diana (only 1600 Q_Q and I get real busy next thursday for a while), but I did play her on the PBE and here's my thoughts:
* Like most characters, I'd rather have ruby+amp into Guise start over a prospector's ring. Mp5 can be fixed easily with other itemization and Prosp ring just doesn't offer enough over the two items.
* I really really want to play her hybrid, even though it will probably suck :x
* Attack speed feels really good with her passive, so much that I wish she had an AS increase like Jax

For build, I would consider:
Sorc/Guise
Chalice
Nashor's
Athene's
Frozen Heart
Malady/Rageblade/Whatever works best for pure damage
Replace Guise with Void Staff if it went really long

This is just my offhand idea, it needs some tweaking. If I can snag Diana in time to test it out I might post back with results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
It does proc on your target. I think you have to attack the same target 3 times in a row (not positive).
Any 3 attacks "in a row" (not quite sure what that's defined as) will proc it. The ready-to-use passive expires after 3.5 seconds.

Cauldrath

08-07-2012

Athene's+Nashor's+FH=60% CDR without any runes or masteries. I like CDR, so I usually have 10-15 in my pages and I can't imagine anyone not at least snagging the 4% in the offense tree.

This is also one of the reasons Nashor is hard to fit in a build: FH+Nashor's=45% CDR. Even Glacial+Nashor's is 40% with no runes or masteries, so you have to give up that whole insanely good line to get full mileage out of Nashor's. Frozen Heart - always ruining everything.

Argodis

08-07-2012

They don't want you to build attack speed with on Diana but that passive is so tempting.

I like Abyssal Scepter/Milady > Wit's End/Nashor's > Frozen Heart in no particular order.

I toss in surge and attack speed runes for ultra trolling.

DiscworldDeath

08-07-2012

You don't have to attack the same target, just make 3 attacks with no two attacks more than 3.5 seconds apart, which causes the countdown to reset.
Think Xin Q knock-up.

NavyGothic

08-07-2012

Played a few games last night, and I don't think Nashor's works as well as hoped. Feels like I really need that Frozen Heart to stand a chance against the AD bruisers, so Nashor's on top of that pushes you so far over the CDR cap it's not funny.

CDR also isn't quite as good as expected for the shield. The cooldown only starts when the shield actually pops, so 40% CDR doesn't really take you from 10s to 6s. Instead, it's more like 15ish secs to 11ish secs. Meh. I say get Glacial / FH then ignore CDR.

Haven't played enough to say whether to go for hybrid / attack speed (Malady, Wit's End, Rageblade?) or straight AP (Deathfire, Abyssal, Rabadon?) or maybe a bit of both.

Her passive definitely hits the current target, and it doesn't reset when you change targets (only if you stop attacking for 3s).

RyuNaganoto

08-07-2012

Something we all have to remember is that Phreak is the one in charge of making the Spotlights (To my Knowledge) and he isn't a Dom Player. Face it, most Dom players only watch the spotlight for the Ability Specs, not the game play. These spotlights are geared towards SR anyway, because that is where the bigger player base is. What we need is some high elo person (Sauron, infe ed, etc.) to make a champion spotlight themselves for Dom players. We all know they don't focus much on the Dom builds, so why follow them? They are just mirror images of the SR builds. We need someone who knows what they are doing in Dom to give us the Spotlight.

So get the word out to the high elo Dom players and ask if anyone of them would like to take the Spotlight challenge.

FDru

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Played a few games last night, and I don't think Nashor's works as well as hoped. Feels like I really need that Frozen Heart to stand a chance against the AD bruisers, so Nashor's on top of that pushes you so far over the CDR cap it's not funny.

CDR also isn't quite as good as expected for the shield. The cooldown only starts when the shield actually pops, so 40% CDR doesn't really take you from 10s to 6s. Instead, it's more like 15ish secs to 11ish secs. Meh. I say get Glacial / FH then ignore CDR.
And yet, the #1 reason to get FH is for the CDR. If you're getting it from somewhere else, then Warden's/Omen is better for defensive purposes.

NavyGothic

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
And yet, the #1 reason to get FH is for the CDR. If you're getting it from somewhere else, then Warden's/Omen is better for defensive purposes.
Actually that's not a bad idea at all. Definitely gonna give that a shot.

Cauldrath

08-07-2012

The main value of the CDR is to drop the cooldown on Q, which helps you stick to targets better. If you don't get any CDR, you're probably going to need to rush Rylai's or grab a Phage.