Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Another spotlight, another deathcap rush

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

08-07-2012

Diana can run OOM. Diana can even run OOM with FH. She definitely needs some serious mana regen/mana items.

FH/Nashor's are almost required.

This is all while still having P. Ring, for the record.

MyDeadGrandma

08-07-2012

Hmm, no, just hugged one's nuts all game.
If you've got a sheen for lichbane, you're not gonna run out of mana on the account of killing everyone long before that happens.

DiscworldDeath

08-07-2012

You don't go b after every fight, you know.

She's a sustained fighter to boot.

Well, she's out now, so I guess we'll see. That's the experience I got from the PBE and a couple others I talked to about the issue.

Redenbacher

08-07-2012

My thoughts on build from her kit was:

Merc Treads (CC reduction to prevent lock down during Q/R combos)
Frozen Heart (Mitigation, CDR)
Abyssal Scepter (Mitigation for shield, Mpen, AP)
Lichbane (Movement Speed, Mitigation, On-hit Proc)
Rabadon's Deathcap (Bigger shield, and burst)

9/21/0 masteries

Very expensive build, not necessarily in that order, but every item complements her skills. The AP scaling shield alone is a reason to build some heavy AP. The shield has a .4 AP ratio, each orb has a .2 AP ratio, and then it refreshes when all of them are used up. For 100 AP, you get 80 additional shield, and 60 additional damage. ...and each sphere deals AoE damage. The cool thing to think about is the tradeoff between something like Void Staff and Rabadon's. You're directly trading the added survivability from buffing your shield for MPen to do more damage (against heavy MR targets).

I haven't tried her yet though, but she seems interesting.

DiscworldDeath

08-07-2012

Redenbacher, just so it's clear, that's not the way AS increase works.

Without any external buffs, at level 3 she'd get her passive proccing every 3.73 seconds.
With 50% AS buff at level 3, she'd proc her passive every 2.686 seconds, for about 28% less time without procs.

And as she gains levels, the benefit drops.
Level 18 without external buffs: Proc every 2.79 seconds.
Level 18 with 50% AS buff: Proc every 2.16 seconds.
Only 23% less time between procs.

You really don't get 50% more procs from 50% AS Buff.

lbgsloan

08-07-2012

The passive also doesn't do bonus damage to the target you're attacking. It's meant 99% for jungling on SR, just ignore AS in other modes. No more of this Nashor's silliness. Dominion is FH country.

LadysKnight

08-07-2012

I haven't played her yet but she seems like another Jax type champ to me. Build Rageblade and Gunblade, rape face.

DiscworldDeath

08-07-2012

Quote:
lbgsloan:
The passive also doesn't do bonus damage to the target you're attacking. It's meant 99% for jungling on SR, just ignore AS in other modes. No more of this Nashor's silliness. Dominion is FH country.

If this is true then it's a bug. It should affect everyone within the AoE.

Cauldrath

08-07-2012

Personally, I've only played her Diana vs Diana or Lux 1v1 bot lane and in 9-bot customs, but this seemed like a good build (the order is pretty flexible, though):

P. Ring,Boots,Pots
Sorc Shoes
Wit's End
Glacial Shroud
Haunting Guise
Rylai's
Finish Frozen Heart

So much of her damage is rolled into that passive, especially before she maxes out her ult, that it seems like she needs at least some early attack speed. I think I'm going to be waiting until she's on sale to get her for the main server, though (gameplay-wise, playing her just makes me want to be playing Riven instead).

Phourc

08-07-2012

Quote:
LadysKnight:
I haven't played her yet but she seems like another Jax type champ to me. Build Rageblade and Gunblade, rape face.

I don't know of anyone who actually builds those on jax xP

IMO new gunblade is just too expensive for the stats it gives, I don't think anyone should be using it, if for no other reason than the 3635g price tag giving you less AD than a BF sword...

Rageblade maybe, if you can keep stacks up and use all the stats it's often worth the 2200 xP