Minions after disconnection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alzarath

11-11-2009

Unsure if this was addressed earlier, but every time I would disconnect (I don't have a great internet), minions that died during the disconnection would remain. Their graphics would stay there, it would be like they're still there except that their HP bars wouldn't show anymore. They'd still be fighting the other minions, but wouldn't do anything else. They'd also stay on the minimap. This can make things really confusing, especially since when you hover over them with your mouse, that also identifies as though a presence is still there.

I read over the patch info and didn't see that they were fixed. So if this hasn't been fixed yet, I highly suggest doing it, it gives the enemy a big advantage over me.

Veridic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-11-2009

While I don't DC often I can confirm this bug. It is funny when it happens while being attacked by the mage minions because they sit there shooting little balls at me from across the map for the rest of the game ^ ^

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-11-2009

This is basically the intended behavior when you've disconnected. Instead of freezing everything while the game determines whether you have connection or not, they do this to try to minimize the effect when the periods of disconnection are short.

Alzarath

11-12-2009

Perhaps, but this shouldn't be the cause of the enemy team to start feeding off you because you can't tell what to target. They should at least add some way for the game to determine if creeps are still in the game locally, then remove them if they don't match up to what everyone else has.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-12-2009

Once everyone starts moving again (there's usually a flurry of activity) you get caught up.

The definition of being disconnected is that you -can't- find out if a creep is 'actually' in the game or not (serverside), so this is their best effort.

Unless you want the creeps to die and then reincarnate, which I find to be a far less elegant solution.