Emergency Sona Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Last Fantasy

08-06-2012

I usually play a very support heavy Sona and sometimes my carry disappears/disconnects (understandable) and then sometimes no matter how hard I beg for help nobody comes..

So I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on this "Emergency" Sona situation, because I usually either die or lose my turret/lane before someone actually comes and helps ):

Just enough for me to hold the lane and do enough dmg to scare the enemy off :c

Fatkid55

08-06-2012

This wont solve the issue of losing your tower, or dying a lot. But you can build three gp10 items to at least keep your gold amount high. Getting Philospher Stone, Heart of Gold, and Kages Pick work very well. If its really this difficult, just focus on not dying. Its usually better for your turret to die, then for you to die.

KneeShot

08-06-2012

rush a death cap, or RoA
or even get an early sheen and hit the enemy with your Q passive

Sona's damage comes from her Q passive burst
main your Q but don't spam your spells, Sona is very mana hungry
get the holy cup thingy to help you sustain in lane

for example, teammates DCed after first few minutes and you only get philo stone
keep a ward at your tri bush and farm near tower
next time back you would want to have tier 1 boots and meki pendant
then finish the holy cup (build into the unholy one later) and your tier 2 boots
you can focus on CDR or armor, MPen is not for you in that situation
now you can choose to rush RoA or get sheen
after that rush death cap

FlowyS

08-06-2012

first thing of order, get a new ADC or improve your ADC's internet connection!

If you are alone and 1 vs 2, it is recommened to hug the turret then last hit if possible. Try to buy health regen items like Philo Stone or some more hp potions. Ward the bush closest to your towerso you know if the enemy likes to camp your bush. Sit back, play very defensively and last hit. I don't recommended trying to 1 vs 2 unless you are a bit experienced or the enemy is just really really bad at this game. It's okay to lose your turret to 1 vs 2, staying alive is more important! Realize that if you die, there will most likely be no one else to protect the turret. If you die, the turret will most likely die too.

I recommending build 3 gp/5 items since last hitting under the turret is hard. Your first item after the 3 gp/5s can be either an AP item like Archangel's Staff or a defensive item like Aegis of the Legion (or whatever you like). It just depends on what you need, more AP for dmg/healing or more defense against damage.

Lord Sirrush

08-07-2012

i would probobly swich with top lane and go gp5> lb since LB works soo well with your passive and short cool downs