Statistical Analysis of Tribunal Cases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

10-17-2012

I remember getting rated using Cases Ladder on Kali.net for Warcraft 2. Times were better then. Of course we had dial up and AOL so that sucked.

I would still be interested in seeing what the effects of the IP removal are. I'd love to get the extra IP while not playing.

AlternateLogic

11-11-2012

This is amazaing.

And one question, from your data could you tell us what the statistics on ban times please?

Statistics op GG!

gnfnrf

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateLogic View Post
This is amazaing.

And one question, from your data could you tell us what the statistics on ban times please?

Statistics op GG!
I cannot. The Reform Cards do not have the ban time in them, just Warning/Time Ban/Permaban, so I have no way of distinguishing the different ban lengths.

AlternateLogic

11-11-2012

Could you please tell us how often an inappropriate name case goes unpunished?

gnfnrf

11-11-2012

Quote:
Could you please tell us how often an inappropriate name case goes unpunished?
I covered this to some extent in Part 4. The relevant section is quoted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
I don’t have individual report types, but I do have a “most common report type” variable, sent to the client but not displayed.

Not all report types are equally used. This is the breakdown.

27.7% Intentionally feeding
25.8% Offensive Language
21.3% Verbal Abuse
14.1% Negative Attitude
7.8% Assisting Enemy Team
1.5% Inappropriate Name
1.2% Spamming

Remember, this is the proportion of most common report types, not individual report types. Refusal to communicate does not appear at all, meaning it is very uncommon.

Most of these types are punished at roughly the same rate as cases as a whole. Only one shows real statistical significance; Inappropriate Name cases, which are punished more often (at a 69% conviction rate).
It has just occurred to me that in addition to the most common report type, I have access to whether any given report is a name report, but at this point, I'm not going to go back into my old data again. I think this is probably sufficient for this question.

AlternateLogic

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
The dataset includes everything you can see when loading a reform card on the website, plus a number of other facts that your browser actually downloads every time but that do not display. For example, the k/d/a, gold, cs, and item builds of the enemy team are actually sent to your browser, and I have captured them.
Would you mind letting us know how you went about getting this part of the information please?

If not that is alright, I am just curious as to how you did/found it.

gnfnrf

11-15-2012

Quote:
Would you mind letting us know how you went about getting this part of the information please?

If not that is alright, I am just curious as to how you did/found it.
When you load a Tribunal case reform card, your browser downloads a web page. This page contains some client-side code (javascript), which directs your browser to download a dataset for each game in JSON format. It also has rules for displaying the JSON to you.

I figured out what the URLs for the JSON files were directly, and so I just download them myself.

What I discovered is that there was more information in the JSON than was being displayed in the browser.

So, for example, the JSON contains the stats for both your team and the enemy team, but when your browser downloads it, it only uses the stats for your team. There a few other extra bits, like a variable named "most common report type" which aren't used at all.

Things like Summoner Names and individual report types aren't in the data at all, so it doesn't let someone get around Tribunal anonymity.

AlternateLogic

11-15-2012

I can find the rules and the css formating, but can't seem to find (other than 1 comment in one of the .js files) anything useful about the JSON files, how did you manage to find the URL for them?
soz if im getting annoying :3

Goth Skunk

11-15-2012

This... is... amazing!

gnfnrf

11-15-2012

Quote:
I can find the rules and the css formating, but can't seem to find (other than 1 comment in one of the .js files) anything useful about the JSON files, how did you manage to find the URL for them?
soz if im getting annoying :3
It required some digging through the code, looking for the place where it builds the URL out of constants and variables. I don't remember where it was, now.