Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Volibear (help please)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZombiPhobia

08-06-2012

I bought Volibear, he seems like a great champ but omfg I get tore up early game, I know he is a late game champ but, when just about any champ can towerdive me at lv 4-5 there is something wrong....I have built him in many ways, (boots+HPots / HRegen+MPot or HPot / Cloth armor + HPots) I am low summoner level but do use flat armor / MR just to help lol

Any advice would be helpful on early game or builds to live through trades 1-10 mins into game ><

Saboteur JW

08-06-2012

That doesn't sound right. Voli has high health early game. If your low level ill assume there's an ad carry laning with you.

I like hregen + pot, transitions well into warmogs and allows longer laning = more gold.

Low level games Voli can pwn once his q and e are up.

First get your e, allows you to slow champs so adc can focus them for longer.
Then your q.

Now first things first, you aim to last hit minions, If they are pushing their minioon line forward that works to your advantage as you can last hit minions under turret.

If they push the turret, you charge them with your q, throw them closer to turret, slow, turret hits them twice, then you bite and that's free kill to you.

what are currently doing? It's feels easy early game to charge in and try to destroy them. This will not work. You will charge in, be slowed/stunned and they will drop you. If you want early kills start with the slow and auto attacks. Your ad carry will also be dropping them. When they try to run chargethem with q to throw them back then bite.

Don't engage unless you can win.

Also if your new to Voli ill also add for mid/late game when laning ends, don't engage group fights with q. Go in first take aggro. They will try and take out your teams carries as they have lower health and armour. Use it to take aggro off you carries and throw opponent away. When your carries/Dps people on your team see they're safe they will stop running and help damage

Powerstoned

08-06-2012

This is how I start volibear
HoG, Berzerkers, Zeke's, Warmog

ZombiPhobia

08-06-2012

Yeah I play that way, but somehow I end up with a carry on me and they 3 shot me under the turret even, he don't seem very sturdy. I play Alistar very well and even he seems like he has a safer feel to him taking hits. I don't know, guess I have to just keep playing him to get better.

Lumax23

08-07-2012

Attack speed might help you a lot

Chin Pow V2

08-07-2012

I found out that rushing an Ionic Spark after lvl 1 boots can make you a nit tankier and increase your damage. Also an early phage wouldn't hurt either.

arcticnerd

08-07-2012

Volibear is actually an early game champion. His passive makes him a beast early as most champions don’t have enough burst damage to kill him through it. You should probably check out some guides for Volibear. Solo mid guides have some with videos explaining what they are doing and why that will probably help you out a lot.