@Riot: Ways to improve popularity of Locket of Iron Solari?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Situational

08-06-2012

The Locket isn't a bad item. It's just that, with the items that are required to make the item, you may as well buy Randuin's Omen.

Randuin's Omen is more geared towards tanks and bruisers, so the on-use active ability works in their favor when they're in the middle of a team fight. However, the Locket, as an item that I feel is primarily directed towards a support to pick up, is counter intuitive for the role of the support because of it's active ability; the support has to be within range of everyone on his team to have the shield be put on everyone, and by then, you're in a very dangerous spot. Of course, there are some champions like Taric and Leona that can afford to do this, but not for the other support champions.

There are several things that may boost the popularity of this item, whether it be individual options or a combination of all of them:

1) Include a 5% CDR

2) Make the active on-use select a region. Something parallel to how Leona's ultimate works. Or Vlad's ultimate. That way, the support can put the shield over his teammates and still remain in a good position.

3) Increase scaling to +15 per level instead of +10

I'm all in favor of Option #2. I feel the Locket is a good item; any actual number buffs to the item would probably cause an increase in the price as well. However, Option #2 is more of a QoL change to make it more attractive for supports to pick up.

XCodes

08-07-2012

Actually, it is a bad item because you don't get enough in the way of base stats to make it worthwhile, and while the active is nice it's not nearly on the same level as Randuin's. (Honestly, probably not a very fair comparison, but one that has to be made, regardless.)

If they want to make Locket an item that sees more play, they should buff the HP Regen Aura. It's horribly over-valued on that item, and instead of being +20 or +15 it should be something like +1% max HP.

Situational

08-07-2012

+1% maximum HP is too much. Baron Nashor's buff already gives the team +3% maximum health regeneration and that is a very much sought after buff because it allows the team to sustain a siege and also win a team fight. To give an health regeneration aura even 1/3 of that on a champion is very powerful; it would make the item value shoot through the roof and the price would then have to be negotiated higher. I am looking for changes to make the Locket more appealing for support players at the current price.

Vaaz

08-07-2012

I defiantly think it should be % based heal aura.
1% of 3000 is 30, double what it is now. Hardly over powered.