How to get better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worldsworst

08-06-2012

Currently I'm stuck in elo hell. I've been trying to carry as many games as possible, but i'm not good enough to carry more than 1 hyper feeder. Since I'm playing against such terrible players most games, my skill level isn't going up. If anything it's going down. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to significantly improve in order to get out of elo hell? I'm not looking for ways to carry bad players, since I already am trying to pick mid/jungle every game and playing as if my teammates aren't going to help me in most cases. All I would like are suggestions on how I can improve myself.

IKorey

08-06-2012

I suggest learning jungling and don't let your team feed, if the other team gets first blood focus on helping the lane that has been given first blood and make sure you give the laners the kill/last hit so it helps them more then an assist.

Essieu

08-06-2012

Try to grow your friends list. Having friends that are good is awesome.
You can 1v1 to help learn lane match-ups.
You can make a Ranked 5v5 team, which in my experience after like 2 wins, you will prolly run into at least 1 team full of 2k elo. (Beat NintendudeX two days ago. Felt good.)

WATCH REPLAYS, while you may still be roflstomping I'm sure you didnt play perfect. Watch your game, take notes, and really try to work on those.
TRY to carry people lol
EXAMPLE>>
Say your playing mid, and their mid leaves lane to get blue. You know he's getting Blue because you kept timers, right? (Keep timers btw, big way to improve game knowledge) You notice the opposing lane that is farthest from blue is pushed up high. Normally, you would just say "mia" and continue farming. Instead, GO GANK THAT. GO TAKE THEIR WRAITHS.

The point I'm getting at is, to put more pressure on yourself, dont just accept the fact that you cant carry. When analyzing figure out ways to snowball other lanes. Or set their players behind. Ultimately its a team game, so this not only makes you a better player, but also might help you win some games.

henrik

08-06-2012

Play normals for practice then go back to ranked after awhile :3