Dominion Taric Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

08-07-2012

I don't see how anyone can think Taric is bad.

Taric is extremely good in conjunction either with, or against AD-centric champions.
His W gives him and his allies a *massive* amount of armor, 30 for everyone, and an additional 30 for himself until he uses the active.

When he activates W, he shreds the armor of everything hit by 30 points, which really amps the damage dealt by your teams physical champions and Trinity Forces.

He also has a targeted stun, and an outrageous 35 AD/AP aura (70 for himself!).

Once Taric finishes his Aegis, he becomes a walking Chainvest AND Baron buff for his entire team on top of being able to soak a large amount of damage and cc things.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Taric is very team dependant sure you have a nice burst but bulding for burst leaves you squishy and building for auras spoils your teams (some teammates won't know that Taric gives armor to those near him) so when that Jax goes there scratching his head of why he could kill Darius before and now he can't it's probably that the Auras where there when Jax killed him
That said TAric is a great champion on organized play and a very good asset to the team, specially if you are communicating with Taric, he sinergyzes well with the strongest DOminion picks (except Lulu) and at high levels he can outsustain a fight for another teammates.
His solo build should be more ubursty but his premade build should be TAnky, or maybe aura tanky, focusing on max cdr, also Taric makes great use of the hex sweeper thanks that he needs all the stats and the sweepers Active is alwayshandy.

Ragnaarock

08-08-2012

I gotta say AP tariff is one of the funniest things to watch. He stuns you, then walk over nonchalantly then ults and shatters and what was once alive no longer draws breath. Other than that there is a bunch of good info already in thus thread. Use it wisely.

NamKim

08-08-2012

I find my problem with Taric is that I tend to run out of mana quite quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Obviously, I am not using his spells wisely so if someone can give some advice on this, I would appreciate it.

This is the same problem I have when I play Taric on Summoner's Rift. I can manage mana pretty well for any other champion but I find myself having trouble with Taric.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
I find my problem with Taric is that I tend to run out of mana quite quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Obviously, I am not using his spells wisely so if someone can give some advice on this, I would appreciate it.

This is the same problem I have when I play Taric on Summoner's Rift. I can manage mana pretty well for any other champion but I find myself having trouble with Taric.
Get a sheen. That tends to solve his mana issues for Dom; Sheen'd AA is like 10 or so mana back.

SpaceFrog

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post

i build aura taric, so glacial shroud->frozen heart, mana pots or soul shroud if supporting caster team mates and enemy team lacks ad/as champs

Soul shroud is amazing for mana regen, I usually don't pick it up, because i normally play taric when both teams are AD heavy. And Glacial shroud + Zekes + masteries gets me close to 40% CDR.
also autoattack creeps and pick up mana packs (health packs)

bierfaust

08-08-2012

AP Taric -> Wrecks faces.

People severely underestimate him. Honestly AP or to a lesser extent Tanky AP are the only ways to play him.

Going full tank is worthless, he isn't really that durable to begin, nor can he spam his only CC unlike the other tanks, and most of all, that heal is almost useless without some AP behind it.

NamKim

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
AP Taric -> Wrecks faces.

People severely underestimate him. Honestly AP or to a lesser extent Tanky AP are the only ways to play him.

Going full tank is worthless, he isn't really that durable to begin, nor can he spam his only CC unlike the other tanks, and most of all, that heal is almost useless without some AP behind it.
I am going to need someone to confirm or deny this guy. But I think what you say is true since I was building him full tank and having quite a bit of difficulty using him.