Dominion Taric Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

08-06-2012

Hey, I decided to try rotating champions that I own in Dominion to see how they do.

So, for the next few days to weeks, I will try to play Taric whenever I can (of course I will not autolock and I will be respectful to others who wish to play the Tanky-Support).

I wanted to ask the community for some advice.

-How is Taric in Dominion? (Viable? Good? Mediocre? Bad?)
-What roles is Taric good for? (Top, Bot, support, etc.)
-What are some good core items that a Taric build should center on (frozen heart, boots of speed, Deathcap I'm picking random items just so you know...)
-When is Taric the most effective? (early game while everyone is still low leveled or when he nearly maxed out his skills?
-What should a Taric build focus on? (Being Tanky? AP for more damage? Cooldown reduction?)
-Who is Taric good against? (who does Taric counter?)
-Who is Taric bad against? (who counters Taric?)
-What skills should I try to max out first?
-What are common strategies with Taric?
-Is Taric a viable main?

My overall goal is to become competent with the OP champions (Akali, Jax, Yorick, Irelia) so I may use them if I am in a competitive setting. But I also want to have a group of viable champions that are unlikely to be banned yet I may still be a threat to the other team once I improve my skills.

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to make helpful posts. Of course you may just link me to a good Taric guide that you would recommend.

Lethal stoner

08-06-2012

-How is Taric in Dominion? (Viable? Good? Mediocre? Bad?)
in my opionion hes a very viable tank and even a darn good tanky dps.

-What roles is Taric good for? (Top, Bot, support, etc.)
i never went bot with him. dont see any reason do so aswell.
i ussualy go top tank support or tanky AD

-What are some good core items that a Taric build should center on (frozen heart, boots
of speed, Deathcap I'm picking random items just so you know...)
start with boots of choice keep the enemy team in mind tough i like CDR best
ussualy ill get any aura item wich would work best for my team this mostly includes
aegis/zeke's/frozen <3 look at team comp wich is best first both ur own and enemy
after 1 or 2 aura items i mostly take guinsoo's or nashor's depends on ur current CDR
if with heavy caster team malady is worth it else black cleaver
-When is Taric the most effective? (early game while everyone is still low leveled or when he nearly maxed out his skills?
i tend from mid game on with some items people either fully focus you or run
-What should a Taric build focus on? (Being Tanky? AP for more damage? Cooldown reduction?)
your own team and if u build damage go for aspeed+AD items CDR is also very good on him i tend to use 4% from summoner thingy and get CDR boots = 19% + frozen = 39 or nashors = 40% does wonders for ult+stun+aoe and your heal max CDR and high aspeed can help a teammate or 2
-Who is Taric good against? (who does Taric counter?)
all AD and tanks
-Who is Taric bad against? (who counters Taric?)
Life steal aspeed champs for the rest almost no one, you should build against the enemy's.however most teams are 4 AD 1 AP and then building MR is kindoff wasted but you would become alot weaker to him
as so works his weakness
-What skills should I try to max out first?
i tend to go WW E at start then max R W E Q
Heal as last only endgame where you can throw out tons of heals and maybe even with some ap they tend to help always use it! but never priotize it
-What are common strategies with Taric?
aspeed AD little tanky maw/wit's some health etc
Tanky AD
Tanky AP hes good but when ur on cd u got nothing (thats why i love to put a rageblade in there just for some extra oomph) sheen does wonders asswel even on an AD taric, tanks have a high base AD and with heavy AP lichbane + all your heals u can spam them oomphs all day
pure Support Tankish
-Is Taric a viable main?
yes he can do anything .. except bot . however he needs his team to shine
a good team + your ult ... no words

i hoped this helped

Ragias

08-06-2012

I like Taric on Dom. I play him top primarily. You are 'supporty' because of your kit. The main thing I like about him is that he is very flexible. You can go AP, Trinity Force bruiser, or more support focused tank, depending on items. Taric is mostly good against AD bruisers who don't have sustain or against characters really weak to CC. He can be kited as he is not very fast and he can only close with his stun. I like to max out his W then Q. The armor aura is very useful in the fights up top. Picking up R when you can. One point in E is important.

TL;DR: I like Taric and I have good experience with him.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

There are some really interesting cheese builds you can do on Taric for botlane since his passive gives him mana and attack speed gives him free heals. I recommend trying some out just for fun in botlane. In toplane, he can be a substitute for Malphite (Malphite is better imo, but Taric brings his own set of strengths which might synergize better with his team in some cases) with his substantial armor aura for his team especially when coupled with an Aegis.

NamKim

08-06-2012

Thanks for your thoughts. I figured Taric was going to be a champion meant for top. I will definitely try out some of your suggestions and builds and see which ones are the most effective.

Lopretni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Taric is terrible. Any role you put him in, someone can do it infinitely better and outshine him in every possible way. Taric is dodge material, nothing more.

NamKim

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni View Post
Taric is terrible. Any role you put him in, someone can do it infinitely better and outshine him in every possible way. Taric is dodge material, nothing more.
I have reason to doubt what you are saying.

Sauron's "One Tier List" ranked Taric as "On the strong side and are safe picks to 'main.'" for a top and "If nobody else is willing to bot, these ones can at least hold it in some fashion" for bot.

Dominate Dominion also ranks Taric as one of the top four supports.

Lethal stoner

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni View Post
how/why can you think this

MyDeadGrandma

08-07-2012

I hardly ever see Taric, but when he does pop up people seem to do really well with him.

Seen full aura/full ap/triforce all work.

meepers

08-07-2012

I've been playing him as AP or tanky AP, and some games I just dominate. Especially against those squishies that build as glass cannons. Using my full rotation can usually nuke them down from full.

He's really fun, has the best joke, and can actually do a lot of burst damage. Though I find it harder to carry games as Taric when your teammates aren't very good.