Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is there any way to deal with Riven on Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfalisk

08-06-2012

If you say armor you probably play Riven and are uncomfortable with the subject. Armor does not counter or neutralize Riven so it ought to not be a part of this conversation.

Whether or not Riven is OP in SR is another story, but there is no denying she is incredibly broken in Dominion. So I'm asking how to deal with her when she builds glass cannon but doesn't die to burst or sustained DPS.

Volandum

08-06-2012

I don't even see many Rivens around, Pantheon, Darius, Jax, Wukong, J4, etc. are much more common. Riven is susceptible to a very wide range of cc, snares and silences will shut her down to a significant extent. She's also a squishy melee and gets blown up by aoe comps.

Easy Slay

Recruiter

08-06-2012

Thanks for recommendation OP. I'll buy Riven for Dominion dominance.

Wolfalisk

08-06-2012

Quote:
Volandum:
I don't even see many Rivens around, Pantheon, Darius, Jax, Wukong, J4, etc. are much more common. Riven is susceptible to a very wide range of cc, snares and silences will shut her down to a significant extent. She's also a squishy melee and gets blown up by aoe comps.

Ah, forgot to cover the "just cc her" argument.

I'm sorry, that doesn't help me. She is not squishy at all.

konfetarius

08-06-2012

Quote:
So I'm asking how to deal with her when she builds glass cannon but doesn't die to burst or sustained DPS.

You are doing burst or sustain DPS wrong, then. Riven's a good duelist, but in team fights, she is very easy to blow up. Communicate that to your team and you will be fine.

Jimrush51

08-06-2012

Armor is the answer. Malphite laughs at riven. Early game she can be rough, but alot don't build any Mr, so thornmail, while less than ideal can be a good idea for melee. Save your cds for after her stun, and proceed to blow her up. After early game riven is no problem, unless highly fed.

Redenbacher

08-06-2012

Oh, I love these threads!

"Help me deal with [Insert Champion]!"
"Oh, I forgot to mention, based on my extensive experience, there is no counter."

ShawNuff

08-06-2012

Thing is, you don't really have to deal with Riven that much. Even the best Riven player (hi Talith) is likely to play Riven only when more OP bruisers are banned out.

I'm not going to answer your specific questions, because they are ludicrous and built on terrible assumptions, and lets face it, you don't really want an answer, you just want to QQ about Riven and hopefully have people agree with you.

inFe eD

08-06-2012

Pick Jax. Or Wukong. Or... any of the other half dozen better bruisers, really.

Wolfalisk

08-06-2012

Quote:
ShawNuff:

I'm not going to answer your specific questions, because they are ludicrous and built on terrible assumptions

Outside of the fact that you probably CAN'T answer my questions on the grounds that there is no real answer that doesn't paint Riven as being out of line, I will instead ask you this:

What part of 6 AD ratios (one of which being an AD SCALING shield!), 4 forms of CC, and 4 gap closers are indicative of a balanced champion?