Olaf counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

frenzykio

10-18-2012

Olaf shold never reach teemo to get his e off. Teemo is the best counter to olaf

Texzreal

02-05-2013

I love playing Olaf and always seem to struggle against a good Teemo or Jayce. Jayce just has insane range and early game damage if runed properly...an well..Teemo...everyone knows how annoying teemo can get.

However, When I'm up against one of those, I play very defensively and last hit minions with Q. Just make sure to get a mana crystal b/c it gets expensive.

If you want to counter him, he's easy to early game. It's late game Olaf you gotta worry about!

Hirumonogatari

02-06-2013

late game olaf: press R, run up to adc, faceroll.

Emissary Of Gorz

02-06-2013

Wanna counter olaf (have many games logged with him) im gunna say kayle is probably the biggest counter if you can get a lvl 2 gank.

Just played a game were i got lvl 2 ganks and i couldnt even farm under turret.

Enfillyon

02-06-2013

no one mentioned olafs ability to run straight through the enemy team, after laning phase, and rip their carry a new one so i figured if anyone was curious of how to deal with this the answer is anyone with a wall. he cant be CCed but he will still have to path around it or burn a flash to get through it

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

A lot of Olaf's power in lane, and in skirmishes comes from picking up his axes so he can spam Q. As such, you want to make picking up those axes cost him something. One of the mistakes I see people make against Olaf is that they run directly away from him when he hits them with an axe. The problem with this is that he can just chase you in a straight line, and then pick up his axe on the way. This allows him to gain the most possible ground on you, to where he can eventually throw his axes point-blank and pick them up immediately and just spam them on your for obscene amounts of damage.

Ideally, what you want to do if you get hit with an axe, and you know you can't take him, is to run in a direction where he has to choose whether to pick up the axe, OR gain ground on you. If he runs after you, then he won't have his Q up when he gets to you, and you have a much better chance of surviving him. If he goes for the axe, then he'll lose any ground that he might have made with the slow since he's going out of his way, and that will give you another chance to dodge the axe the next time.

Alternately, if he throws his axe at you and you DO want to trade with him, you want to get BETWEEN him and his axe so that he either has to fight you without spamming Qs, or he has to run through you to pick it up, hopefully taking damage from you the entire time.

If he ever gets to the point where he's throwing his axes at you point-blank and picking them up immediately, then you're screwed unless you can duel him, or somehow dash away and then juke the axes he's going to inevitably be throwing at you to catch back up.

If he's maxing E first, then you can probably kill him early since the spell sucks until rank5 when the CD and damage on it are actually significant. If you were able to bully him early, then use your extra gold to buy health, as that's the only counter to True Damage.

This is generic advice that goes for any champion facing Olaf. Whether you're able to safely farm, harass, or duel Olaf depends on the champion.

As for teamfights, where Olaf is just going to pop his ult and run straight for your back line, your only choices are to try to kite him for the duration of his ult (MS Steroids, Shields, Flash, whatever it takes), kill him straight up (not always an easy thing to do), or kill his back line as fast or faster than he kills yours. It's not an easy thing to do, I'll admit. In most cases, it takes a team effort to survive an Olaf charge, and that's a rare occurrence in solo-queue.