Olaf counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shigari

08-06-2012

Is there any counter for top Olaf? I'm just curious cause every time I play top Olaf I win lane easily I mean the more low he is the more dangerous he is I've done 2v1's easily at Olaf with his r and his e plus his w sustain and extra damage. Is there any counter?

Sovuke

08-06-2012

a good teemo is anoying against an olaf

VampRegen

08-06-2012

play teemo, start boots and have move speed quints, easy win. I think I have only ever lost one time when their jungler was insane camping me so i couldnt harass and olaf could farm. Still won the game from their jungler being underfed/farmed

acosn

08-06-2012

Anyone who doesn't need to be within his own trade range to make those kinds of exchanges.

OdinLegend

08-07-2012

Teemo is a given, out speeds, pokes, and blind for screwing his csing. Vlad is a maybe not too sure with him, riven if played carefully, and probably kayle

M3GaL0d0n

08-08-2012

Teemo is pretty good against any AD based melee fighter, but I can't say much for him, I don't play him often. Someone I do want to talk about is...

...Urgot, I know y'all seem to think he's all ADC all day, but his ability to poke, slow, shield, and ability to use Hyper-kinetic Swap even if Ragnarök is up, makes him pretty hurtful against Olaf's relatively short range kit and reliance on strong dueling rather than poking.

Cho'Gath is not a terrible choice either, he can keep Olaf at bay while he farms if Ragnarök isn't up. And can out sustain anyone in the game as long as he can last hit, which is to say, when ever he wants to. Once he starts chubbing up, he's very difficult to kill, and once he's at 6 stacks, his ability to burst down enemies while out sustaining them is extreme, especially if Olaf can't take down Cho while Ragnarök is up. The last note about him is... Zhonyas hourglass is viable on him, deal with that... :\

Jax is another good choice, one of the only champs who can go toe to toe with Olaf AND escape if needed. He also brings strong burst damage to the table, which is Olaf's biggest weakness.

Anyone who relies heavily on sustain and CC to duel as opposed to burst is pretty much screwed, however, as Olaf pretty much dominates that area right now. Fiora, Irelia, and Nasus, are some pretty bad note-worthy choices against him.

FateEye

08-08-2012

humm lets see, theres vlad, kennon,tanky dps nid and jayce... all counters olf prety well if played right

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Mun...DO!
Olaf runs at you--Cleaver his face!
Olaf runs away from you--Cleaver the back of his head!
Olaf tries to beat you down--headbutt the bro and teach him who's the original!

ps. In case you're wondering, Olaf is NOT Trynd2.0. He's actually Mundo2.0, less the style points.

DangerBearFocker

08-08-2012

Olaf gets shut down hard by ranged harass. Teemo as mentioned is a good pick against melees in general, but AP tops such as Kennen, Vlad and Ryze can poke him very effectively while steering clear of his damage. His W sustain honestly isn't that good at early levels, and having to itemize against magic damage forces him to build items such as Hexdrinker instead of Wriggle's.

Tidlz

10-18-2012

I have played Olaf and i have yet to see someone i could not 1v1 ive played teemo's and they are good for adc but olaf is also sort of tanky and his e which does 360 true damage is such a good ability when 1v1 due to the fact that it cant be blocked by anything also olaf has his w which grants him 21% lifesteal i think which is also a good ability to have making it easy to sustain himself during the laning phase also olaf has his ult's passive which grants +30 or 30% armor pen if im correct which is great for killing tanks so they should not be a problem ive also jumped into 3v1 fights or 4v2 fights with olaf and end up winning them cause of his ult which gives him 30 armor when activated his e which is the 360 true damage and his q wich has the slow which is great for chasing down running enemies but it still is not the best cc but it does its job well