Using AD runes on mid champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krassith

08-06-2012

I've been trying this out a few times now, as long as you have the range for it, AD runes can make early laning so much stronger, plus you last hit easier and have two sources of damage. Most mids have MR runes.

Sure you lose a little bit of late game strength but recently I find I'm getting way more CS than their mid, which in a way, gives me more power late game.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

You are likely taking Offensive 19 or 21 anyways right? So for Tier 1, take 1 pts in Bruiser or whatever, and 3 pts into AD.

Thats +3 harass dmg and +5 vs creeps. All you lose is the crappy crappy +4 AP that many are forced to take.

This way you get some advantage without having to waste your runes on AD which will cost you a good amount of damage mid to lategame.

Judas Priest

08-06-2012

I think could be a better alternative for last hitting in early game despite AD runes, but it would be champion specific.

For example, Vladimir can last hit with his Transfusion ability, which costs nothing. If you use CDR runes, you would be able to use this ability more frequent, helping you last hit and harassing. Additionally, it wouldn't be wasted in mid and late game, you would benefit from them till the end of the game.

VampRegen

08-06-2012

i always take the 3 ad mastery on ap mid instead of 1.5% additional damage as the math just doesn't work such a waste...15 more damage per 1000 damage dealt? Better last hitting and more auto damage to the other mid is definitely worth it.

Krassith

08-06-2012

I was using it on Malzahar because of his long range and voidlings.

Dondarrion

08-07-2012

Before I had my AP Rune page I had AS marks, worked well, last hit nearly everything and always pushed my lane harder