Please fix Twisted Fate bugs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bluff

11-11-2009

Please fix Twisted Fate, his spells are so buggy. For one the pick a card visual glitch is annoying. Second I notice the wild cards are very unreliable, I see them go through enemies all the time with no damage. Or they will damage some minions and go straight through a champion with no damage. This is especially irritating when it's a killing blow, and it just whizzes right through them. Also please fix the Pick a Card attack speed slow, it is so annoying and could really use a fix.

Other than that, love Twisted Fate, he is what I play 19 out of 20 games. The 1 being where someone picks him before me in matchmaking lol.

ArmiesofZNight

Associate Producer

11-11-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for posting! We're working on fixes for the pick a card particle bug. The wild card bug might be one of two things: 1. the particles go farther than the actual range of the ability, or 2. it is a part of the skill shot bug that players have been reporting. We're currently work to address the skill shot bug. Could you explain the attack speed slow in more detail. I'm not familiar with it. Thanks!

Bluff

11-11-2009

Basically when you hit W for Pick a Card it begins the card selection cycle. If you are currently auto attacking and "Pick a card" in the middle of the attack animation, he will stop attacking. Not sure what can be done about that since I assume this is because he is being given another command instead of attacking. I think a good fix for the first part is to have him continue to throw a normal card, and then throw the picked card after. Or have him throw the picked card no matter where in the attack animation he currently is.

The second part is after the Picked card is thrown. There is a noticeable 'stop' in attacking. This is easily seen if you have significant attack speed, because you can notice immediately that he stops attacking longer than the typical pause between attacks. This is alleviated by moving immediately after the card is thrown, which is what most of us cardmasters do. But in doing so we lose the time that we could have been attacking.

Still not 100% on the wild card problem I mentioned, I would have to extensively test it to really figure it out. It seems to only miss on moving targets, so obviously there is the possibility I could be missing them. It is difficult to determine because the cards are so small (which I understand of course they are playing cards). However it seems that they hit for a larger AOE than the graphic is. If that is the case than I'm sure they don't damage occasionally.

I'll do some extensive testing to give more accurate feedback regarding the Wild Cards.

Well from what I can tell the Wild Cards don't hit outside of the graphic, I was confusing that with grazes which do inflict damage. I did however notice a 'stop' after the Wild Cards are thrown as well.

Bluff

11-11-2009

So after testing for a good 30 minutes or so I determined the slows do exist before and after Pick a Card.

However I did bring my attack speed to the max which is 2.5. I noticed I was getting double gold cards 5% of the time. As far as if the second one was doing damage I'm still not sure, I was killing too fast to notice. But this anomaly only occurred when the Pick a Card slow didn't take effect. Thus I am left to assume it is intentional to fix the previous double gold card bug.

Bluff

11-12-2009

So is there going to be any clarification regarding his pick a card bug?