Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iorek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Clg.eu!

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
4 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTY PanDa View Post
Oooo, that makes this sound far more entertaining and well-planned! Will the Season 3 World Championship be composed of only the winners from each region of the Championship Series, or will there be some other ways to get in, like Regional Qualifiers that you can play in if you place high enough on the Challenger Circuit (like Season 2)? Or is that too far off for you to know/tell just yet?
We have all the plans ironed out, but a lot of these details will be coming out AFTER the World Championship later this year. Need to save some of the juicy details for you guys :P

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
5 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBOoZzY View Post
This is probably classified information but I want to ask anyway because its going to be hugely important. Will the weekly games be in-studio LAN events, or held online (i.e. teams are on-site in a studio)? NA eSports is still missing the live studio style production value of OGN/GSL/ProLeague, it would be HUGE if Riot can pull this off. Regardless, I am incredibly excited.
There will be live elements in North America and Europe We got you, bro.

Lawrr

08-06-2012

Can't wait!

LOLOMANCER

Recruiter

08-06-2012

awesome

CLTY PanDa

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We have all the plans ironed out, but a lot of these details will be coming out AFTER the World Championship later this year. Need to save some of the juicy details for you guys :P
Fair enough, and epic enough so far. Thanks for the quick replies

win will

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Crs!!!!

Demonik187

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword of Aeons View Post
"Now, on ESPN."
One day my friend, one day.

Nanbu

08-06-2012

Please make sure the stream runs smoothly for everyone. Last time it was quite laggy for a considerable number.

A wild idea here, but if it was possible to spectate through the game client, that would be pretty cool.

Lost Visage

08-06-2012

Is beard back???

Season 3 = AWESOMESAUSE!!