Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InFlames

08-06-2012

The problem with a BR server is that the only country that speaks Portuguese is Brazil. literally the rest of south america speaks spanish, how is this going to be addressed?

┼mbition

08-06-2012

Tsm

RockcIimber

08-06-2012

Do you guys think it will look more straightforward to upcoming teams on how they can qualify for the major events? Up to now, the path to doing something like that has always been a bit sketchy and hard to understand for a lot of people.

Ozmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
RedBeard and Magus answered this like 4 times dude! Go go :P
brazil isnt south america wtf ? do u think SA can play in a portuguese server?

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

08-06-2012

Can't wait for when League of Legends is in the Olympics. =)

Phyrexia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Only if you really hate eSports, for some reason :P
Meh, I see esports the same way I see real sports: Incredibly boring to follow and watch. I remember watching the first dream hack tournament and wondering why I bothered to try and watch it live. Then M5 came along and basically won everything in a nearly unstoppable snowball and I stopped watching. As long as the majority of LoL games hinge on the balance and mechanics of being snowbally and lopsided it just isn't enjoyable as something to view.

I have no delusions that I'm probably in the minority on this but it's not that far fatched to look at the esports scene and go "why bother?". Your average LoL player can look up any clips after the events if there was some "hidden tech/strategy" that was used and not even have to wait through the whole event. All these major tournaments mean to me is that I check after they are over, see if anything happened that is going to shake up the solo-queue meta, and then go back to playing the game as normal.

0Mace0

08-06-2012

Maybe call it... LoL Supremacy?!? =O

Talith PA

08-06-2012

So can we finally have Ranked Dominion for Season 3?

Saffuran

08-06-2012

The western world better have learned something about Azubu... Better Nerf Irelia..

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

08-06-2012
26 of 31 Riot Posts

Thank you guys for supporting our eSports program over the past 2 years. The viewership and participation numbers that we've seen have thoroughly demolished our expectations. Your support allows us to go beyond what any other eSport has achieved in the past.

We've taken feedback from the players and fans alike in order to put together an experience for Season Three that should be awesome for years to come. More details to come!