To my fellow Americans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xdzy

09-12-2010

To my fellow Americans, American did this to Americans. Don't listen to the media.

Dont get me wrong, I feel sympathetic to all who this day has effected.

Kodoku

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Cruzel View Post
My sympathy for other countries died a long time ago. Theirs died for us even longer ago. I don't believe in babysitting an ungrateful world, unlike the people of this country that seem to think that we owe the world something. It's time they gave something back for the times we saved their asses from disasters and wars. I believe America has earned more respect than it gets today. It's own people fail to respect it any more.

Until I see that change, I won't give a **** about other countries.
WOOSH

The whole point is that "country" in this context is unimportant. Whether a person is killed in the United States, Canada, Pakistan or Japan, isn't relevant to the event's moral significance. It has obvious political and practical ramifications, but the only way you can take 9/11 to be significant and the other events insignificant (assuming you have no personal investment in either, namely friends/family) is if you think human welfare is utterly unimportant.

This has absolutely nothing to do with America's obligation (or lack thereof) with respect to world affairs. But I digress. You shouldn't let facts get in your way. Continue promoting the American stereotype.

ProbablyTerribad

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Cruzel View Post
My sympathy for other countries died a long time ago. Theirs died for us even longer ago. I don't believe in babysitting an ungrateful world, unlike the people of this country that seem to think that we owe the world something. It's time they gave something back for the times we saved their asses from disasters and wars. I believe America has earned more respect than it gets today. It's own people fail to respect it any more.

Until I see that change, I won't give a **** about other countries.
That's funny, because that's exactly how they feel about us. Maybe if there were less people like you, we'd have a lot less aggression towards eachother.