To my fellow Americans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VerKnight

09-11-2010

Have you forgotten?

I know it's one day I'll never forget. The image burned into my memories from back when it happened. Walking into the classroom, the was news on, not too long before plane number 2 hit. I remember watching those towers fall in horror.

My heart still breaks on this day for what happened and for those who lost their lives and loved ones.

Emx

09-11-2010

Will never forget.
That really isn't my type of music though.

My cousin's wife was one of the people who jumped out of a window while on the second to top floor... when we found out she did that half of my family broke down her grandfather almost had a heart attack. They told us she would of passed out mid way down the fall so she didn't feel a thing.

Also lost about 4-5 family friends who I would see like every 2 weeks for the past 10 years before that.

It's crazy man. like 10 members of my family moved from new york after that.

SuperStomper

09-11-2010

Honestly, there are a million tragedies that have happened all over the world. There's no point in remembering them. In 50 years, the new generation won't give a **** about 9/11.

Also, being patriotic is absolutely ******ed. Have you forgotten about the holocaust? Have you forgotten about the ethnic cleansing that happens every day in Africa?

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." - Albert Einstein

Kodoku

09-11-2010

eh, depends on what relationship a person had to the event. If someone lost friends/family in it, then obviously it has a lot more relevance than the other numerous tragedies in recent history, many of which are indeed a lot more reprehensible than the event in question.

SuperStomper

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
eh, depends on what relationship a person had to the event. If someone lost friends/family in it, then obviously it has a lot more relevance than the other numerous tragedies in recent history, many of which are indeed a lot more reprehensible than the event in question.
Well said, I got angry because he said, "my fellow Americans" as if nobody else could mourn the event. We are a planet as a whole, not individual slices of land. People are taught to only care about the slice of land they were born on which is ridiculous.

So I'd just like to say that I'm not a heartless nerd, I just have ZERO tolerance for nationalism in any form.

VerKnight

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStomper View Post
Honestly, there are a million tragedies that have happened all over the world. There's no point in remembering them. In 50 years, the new generation won't give a **** about 9/11.

Also, being patriotic is absolutely ******ed. Have you forgotten about the holocaust? Have you forgotten about the ethnic cleansing that happens every day in Africa?

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." - Albert Einstein
Sorry that I really don't give two ****s about what is or what has been going on in other countries.

Today is about what happened to AMERICA nine years ago so I make this thread to "my fellow AMERICANS". Capiche?

Kushmeyer2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Cruzel View Post
Sorry that I really don't give two ****s about what is or what has been going on in other countries.

Today is about what happened to AMERICA nine years ago so I make this thread to "my fellow AMERICANS". Capiche?
**** you, this day is about so much more than the bull**** that went on in my own country of America. God **** America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11

1297 Battle of Stirling Bridge: Scots jointly-led by William Wallace and Andrew Moray defeat the English.

1649 Siege of Drogheda ends: Oliver Cromwell's English Parliamentarian troops take the town and execute its garrison.

1714 Barcelona surrenders to Spanish and French Bourbon armies in the War of the Spanish Succession

1813 War of 1812: British troops arrive in Mount Vernon and prepare to march to and invade Washington D.C..

1906 Mahatma Gandhi coins the term "Satyagraha" to characterize the Non-Violence movement in South Africa.

1941 Ground is broken for the construction of The Pentagon.

1989 The iron curtain opens between the communist Hungary and Austria. From Hungary thousands of East Germans throng to Austria and West Germany.

2007 Russia tests the largest conventional weapon ever, the Father of all bombs.

Teacher's Day (Argentina)

National Day of Catalonia (Catalonia)

Death Anniversary of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, a former holiday. (Pakistan)

Deaths

2001 9/11 terrorists:
Marwan Al-Shehhi (b. 1978)
Mohamed Atta (b. 1968)
Hani Hanjour (b. 1972)
Ziad Jarrah (b. 1975)

1973 Neem Karoli Baba, Indian guru

1973 Salvador Allende, President of Chile (b. 1908)

1921 Subramanya Bharathy, Tamil poet (b. 1882)

1279 Robert Kilwardby, Archbishop of Canterbury (b. c. 1215)

And the list goes on and on.

ProbablyTerribad

09-11-2010

Quote:

Eventually you just have to let things go. The beauty in tragedy is that it has such a great capacity to teach lessons. If you spend so much time caught up in what happened, and take nothing from why it happened, it's an awful waste.

Enough time has passed that it's time to stop glorifying the horrendous deeds of others. You're kind of playing into the intended purpose of said terrorism.

Luchen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-11-2010

Quote:
Way to be sympathetic you worthless hypocrite.

VerKnight

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchen View Post
Way to be sympathetic you worthless hypocrite.
My sympathy for other countries died a long time ago. Theirs died for us even longer ago. I don't believe in babysitting an ungrateful world, unlike the people of this country that seem to think that we owe the world something. It's time they gave something back for the times we saved their asses from disasters and wars. I believe America has earned more respect than it gets today. It's own people fail to respect it any more.

Until I see that change, I won't give a **** about other countries.