Who is a good jungler for a beginning jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rusaerooster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

If you want to start jungling, Warwick is a splendid jungler and also very cheap to buy (1350 ip). Warwick has a lot of sustain with his passive, especially with blue as he can also spam his q. He can jungle constantly as he can heal with every auto attack. But if you choose jungle Warwick you really can't gank pre level 6. After 6 is another story however. He is also pretty slow at jungling. If you want to practice fast jungling I suggest Udyr. Only 3150 ip and he clears the jungle like a complete monster with his phoenix stance. He is also very versatile with builds and skilling orders. He can also gank better than warwick. Both have nice sustain in the jungle.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

WW isn't actually a good jungler - his ganks suck before level 6 and any time his ult in on CD, his clear time is slow, and in team fights he brings a minor team steroid and a long-CD single-target CC. He's capable of clearing the jungle without needing any special runes/masteries/items, but spending time learning to jungle him is largely a waste.

Downvote if you want, but the time spent learning WW would be better spent learning a champion who's actually useful as a jungler.

Khizan

08-06-2012

Ugh.

Warwick is a terrible choice. Yeah, he can clear easily without risk of dying. But that's all he can do. His kill speed is slow, his pre-6 ganks are abysmal, when his ult is down his post-6 ganks are abysmal, he sucks at counterjungling, and he's generally not a threat unless he farms heavily. I like seeing jungle WW on the other team, because the biggest thing I have to fear in the early game is a slow guy with low burst running out of the woods with red.

I don't really jungle myself, so this is from a solo top's viewpoint. I'd say to look at maybe Nunu. Slowish clears, but consume makes him pretty good at counterjungling(hit the big wraith a time or two, eat it, move on) while giving him decent-to-good sustain and his ice blast is a powerful slow that combines with bloodboil to give him pretty solid ganks or pretty solid escapes. Nunu rushing out of the jungle at me can quickly become an "oh ****!" moment. Warwick, that's rarely the case.

He's also super-cheap, so it's not a lot of wasted IP if you dislike him.

ADC SENPAl

08-06-2012

Warwick is definitely the easiest jungle, I would start with him. Also if you want to try out a champion and don't know exactly what to build/do you should always use solomid.net or LoLpro.com or one of the sites that have guides that you can look up for specific champions. Very helpful to new players or players looking to play a champion for the first time.

BoganSlayer

08-06-2012

Try nunu hes good for beginning also warwick and i found jax and yi somewhat fun

Artkiller

08-06-2012

Easy to jungler is Warwick and Fiddlesticks or Udyr dude, so easy champs to start jungler

Shashakiko

08-06-2012

Noc is fun too

iamherooftime

08-06-2012

Mundo is my favorite

Estolano

08-07-2012

I jungle with Udyr, Nocturne, Mundo and Lee Sin. I would say that Udyr is by far the easiest to jungle with yet very efficient. Nocturne is also very easy to gank post 6 since you can "charge" the enemy and fear them miles away so with a good ping "spam" you can get easy kill/assist if your team is half descent.

SaveTheMaids

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRowe View Post
ww/ skarn/ trundle
I agree about WW and Skarner.
I've done well with them before, having barely played them.

However, I think Trundle takes a bit of practice.
Mainly because his animations can be a bit weird... and the placing of his Pillar can be a double-edged sword sometimes.

I also think Udyr and Darius are pretty easy junglers to pick up and play.
They both clear fast and are fairly easy to gank with... and they both turn into raid bosses when fed.