New Launcher Impression

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naukuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

The new Launcher and Updater for Mac is Really well done.

I really like the look and feel, quite a bit more than the PC Counterpart

hohums

Software Engineer

09-10-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Thx for the compliments. I'd be interested to hear more feedback about the launcher/updater.

Naukuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

Specifically I really like the Current Progress / Overall Progress, its a small thing but it makes the patching experience a lot more clear

GermanExpress

09-10-2010

Hmm I don't know, maybe I don't get it yet^^(it's quite late here in Germany), but while I find the new look really amazing, I find the Current Progress/ Overall Progress not so clear... Unless of course you would add the old download speed thing with the the already downloaded file volume, than it would be perfect I guess!

Odincore

09-10-2010

Love the Mac launcher. Way better than the PC one.

Found an error though: Udyr has electric balls. He's not Kennen!

Nerubian

09-10-2010

It seems so nice Now to play a game tomorrow! Also <3

milkytoast

09-12-2010

I like the launcher too, the overall look is nice, but

PROS:
Really nice, condescend look.
Overall and current progress.
allows you to hit play even when server is unavailable.(instead of using the contra esque code)
picture of a bear on fire. ( they are godless killing machines after all)

CONS:
Can't click on it from the dock or command tab to have it pop up or come to the front.
for me the news links are not clickable.
no link to server status explanations that link to forum posts about the downtime.
Doesn't go away when the pvp.net client is gone, so it eats up more cpu time in the background.
Cannot refresh the server status.

it is a beta and I hope this helps

poppedcolla

09-12-2010

Thought the launcher had a great look, very streamlined. The only thing is that it'd be nice to see the progress displayed numerically as well, but maybe that's just me.

Dayn

09-12-2010

I like it. It would be fun to have the splash screen rotate images (a different picture can show up each time you launch it).

I like the progress bars. Without a numeric number to go along with it the overall feel is like the xp bar in Everquest 1 (similar colors too!). Makes me want to say DING! when it's done.

Riot Calad

Production Assistant

09-12-2010

I liked the Overall Progress/Current progress bar, but occasionally the overall progress would decrease as the current progress increased. It was a little odd, but nothing game-breaking.