@Lyte: Any other interesting statistics?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexDnD2

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Lyte said he will tell you guys late next month, he will write up a nice report to reveal the answer to this question. the reason he don't want me to tell you guys right now because he want to normalize the data first. Unnormalized statistical information may create confusion.

And, no, it is not Soraka.
Its been 2 months.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elanorien

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Yeah, this is some data I'm eager to see. Is this where it will be posted? Also looking forward to seeing some honor statistics when enough information has been received.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndlessDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Lyte said he will tell you guys late next month, he will write up a nice report to reveal the answer to this question. the reason he don't want me to tell you guys right now because he want to normalize the data first. Unnormalized statistical information may create confusion.

And, no, it is not Soraka.
we can has statistics now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crehbohrahku

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Some of the more juicy ones I need to save for a future presentation or talk!

However, some interesting tidbits include:

- for the average player, sending them a direct message after a game will reduce the number of reports they receive for about 2 weeks
- the players that keep convincing others to report someone specific in a game tend to be the most toxic players in the game
- the false-consensus bias in Psychology is a cognitive bias where players tend to overestimate how much of the population thinks like them or has the same habits as them
- this is why the average toxic player that is banned sends in the most complaints and claims that "everyone will be banned"
- this is also why the players that send in the most false reports tend to assume that everyone else in the population always sends false reports...
Discussing psychology? Are you an expert in this field? Years of experience or education? I see negative behavior everywhere in this game, that to me is a reinforcer and evidence that more people do "toxic behavior" than you might think or your statistics show. For one, you only get these statistics when someone is reported. Two, one person can have multiple accounts and therefore your numbers are inaccurate compared to the majority. I appreciate your knowledge but it is questionable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakufreak View Post
Discussing psychology? Are you an expert in this field? Years of experience or education? I see negative behavior everywhere in this game, that to me is a reinforcer and evidence that more people do "toxic behavior" than you might think or your statistics show. For one, you only get these statistics when someone is reported. Two, one person can have multiple accounts and therefore your numbers are inaccurate compared to the majority. I appreciate your knowledge but it is questionable.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Lyte

If you don't care to click, Lyte has a PhD in cognitive neuroscience and a masters in cognitive psychology. So, yes, he is qualified to discuss psychology.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

themaddscientist

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Lyte said he will tell you guys late next month, he will write up a nice report to reveal the answer to this question. the reason he don't want me to tell you guys right now because he want to normalize the data first. Unnormalized statistical information may create confusion.

And, no, it is not Soraka.
I would almost think that it would be Ezreal that would be the most reported. Not only is he the most popular pick at the moment, a good ezreal may simply complain about how his teammates are doing terribly while he is doing great, or he may just feed a bunch without maybe meaning to. Just a theory.

If not Ezreal, then I'm betting Tryndamere.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakufreak View Post
Discussing psychology? Are you an expert in this field? Years of experience or education? I see negative behavior everywhere in this game, that to me is a reinforcer and evidence that more people do "toxic behavior" than you might think or your statistics show. For one, you only get these statistics when someone is reported. Two, one person can have multiple accounts and therefore your numbers are inaccurate compared to the majority. I appreciate your knowledge but it is questionable.
Everything is questionable to people who don't bother doing proper research.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tech Support

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...;Lyte'_Lin

If you don't care to click, Lyte has a PhD in cognitive neuroscience and a masters in cognitive psychology. So, yes, he is qualified to discuss psychology.
Broken, buddy

But it wouldn't surprise me. Lyte comes off as extremely smart, and wtf, implementing all this stuff for Riot as just a "game developer"? ..Bump this man up to manager of behavior, stat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exSCape View Post
Broken, buddy

But it wouldn't surprise me. Lyte comes off as extremely smart, and wtf, implementing all this stuff for Riot as just a "game developer"? ..Bump this man up to manager of behavior, stat.
Fixed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deraviin

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakufreak View Post
Discussing psychology? Are you an expert in this field? Years of experience or education? I see negative behavior everywhere in this game, that to me is a reinforcer and evidence that more people do "toxic behavior" than you might think or your statistics show. For one, you only get these statistics when someone is reported. Two, one person can have multiple accounts and therefore your numbers are inaccurate compared to the majority. I appreciate your knowledge but it is questionable.
I am in AP psychology after a year of normal psychology. This is a basic term learned in the first two weeks of any basic psychology class. Lyte does not need to be an expert to use this term as it is easily explained and understood, but seeing as he IS an expert, just stop. Thank you.