@Lyte: Any other interesting statistics?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zengotitabengoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

I have a question too...

Are people with skins more prone to have some sort of negative attitude? I have had this doubt from some time ago. Don't know if they are or if I keep them more on my mind because they stand out a bit.

Haljegh

09-22-2012

From http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2445574 (some interesting statistics here)

Quote:
14.1% of players are using a skin. Reported players are slightly more likely to have a skin than the population at large (15.2%). The use of a skin does not affect conviction rate, though permabanned players only have skins 13.1% of the time (possibly indicating that a non-trivial number of permabanned players are on second or third accounts and have learned not to spend real money on the game).

Makishima

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Lyte said he will tell you guys late next month, he will write up a nice report to reveal the answer to this question. the reason he don't want me to tell you guys right now because he want to normalize the data first. Unnormalized statistical information may create confusion.

And, no, it is not Soraka.
i can easily put my money on a few,

teemo
tryndamere
nasus
gangplank
ashe
garen
shaco

the other ones i thought u declined especially yi and idk why but the other champs i mentioned always turn out to be trash like ashe gangplank and nasus.

Zengotitabengoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljegh View Post
From http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2445574 (some interesting statistics here)
You have my gratitude, good sir

ImmortalShade

09-23-2012

Quote:
Lyte said he will tell you guys late next month.
so cant wait for this.

Sevenix

Adjudicator

09-23-2012

Quote:
I was really surprised when I found out the answer to this question. It is not Evelynn, not Karma... You can make a guess, but it will be hard
My guess would be something that is able to carry quite hard, meaning the player in question may probably be "Doing Fine" most games, getting kills et.c while the game is actually doing bad overall.
This has the effect that the player will feel like "Im awesome", but since he is still losing the fault must lie with his allies, as such he begins to road to "Flaming" his allies because they obviously aren't playing as good as him with the awesome CreepScore he has due to him only farming all game while his allies die fighting important battles over important objectives.

This whole effect becomes stronger if the hero in question is a common Tournament pick and as such is considered "Very Viable".
The player has seen the Champion being played well in Tournament Streams, and as such he knows its a good champ, if he doesn't win it's because of "Noob Allies".

As such, my guess would either be an AD carry, or a common Top pick.
Ashe, Ezreal, Graves perhaps even Corky.

ImmortalShade

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljegh View Post
thank you for linking this thread.

Gunxlinger

09-24-2012

It has to be teemo. Cuz my last few matches with him, ppl been calling me for playing cheap. I'm guessing many teemo's retaliate and get into tribunal. :P

ObsidianNight

09-30-2012

bumping this so we dont forget :-)

edit: oh also its late next month

AlexDnD2

09-30-2012

I remember doing the bans for reporting some folks were saying they report Teemo every game because its Teemo. So that's my guess. TEEMO.