Trynd Build Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLastBaron88

08-05-2012

So I've been playing a ton of Tryndamere lately as a Class A Pubstomper, and have been having a lot of success with him. I find his early game to be the most difficult, but since I generally start with Berserker's grieves, then zeal, and then a Bloodthirster for sustain before finishing my Phantom Dancer, I find it to be much easier in mid to late game, especially if I can finish my build with an Infinity Edge, a second Bloodthirster, and another Phantom Dancer. This gives me a high level of damage and attack speed, with excellent sustain consequently. Any pro tips on better/more situational build, or am I pretty much doing it right? Also, does anyone know what the cap on Attack Speed bonus is?

Saint Nerevar

08-05-2012

Sounds pretty good to me - not that I really ever see Tryndamere played anymore. That shouldn't stop you though, play who you enjoy unless your team needs something else

Don't be afraid to keep experimenting either. By the way - what runes do you go with?

Cap on AS is 2.5 attacks per second, but as far as actual percentage goes it varies from champion to champion depending on their inherent AS.

Inmund

08-05-2012

If you use two phantoms them you would be wasting 20% chance critical it gives, because you have 30% from the first phantom 25% from infinity and 35% from fury; maybe you could build a black cleaver of a last whisper, or also if you are owning and dont want your enemies to scape a frozen malet; in my opinion the benefits of another items are better that having a second phantom

TheLastBaron88

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Nerevar View Post
Sounds pretty good to me - not that I really ever see Tryndamere played anymore. That shouldn't stop you though, play who you enjoy unless your team needs something else

Don't be afraid to keep experimenting either. By the way - what runes do you go with?

Cap on AS is 2.5 attacks per second, but as far as actual percentage goes it varies from champion to champion depending on their inherent AS.
Well I'm pretty much brand new to the game, been playing a few weeks now, I actually got started in this because I had friends who played it a lot. As such, they advised me not to bother with runes until I got my rank to 30, since the lower level runes are apparently not very good. Went 13/0/4 yesterday with this build though, lol.

Thanks for the APS stat, couldn't remember for the life of me. Actually since you mentioned it, I have tried a Black Cleaver instead of second PD in an AI game, and I think it buffed my overall DPS nicely. Was dealing 1k per hit, lol.

Directw

08-05-2012

It seems you already know the end game gears for tryn, but you are having trouble for early~mid game. I suggest Berserke + Lantern before 10 minutes mark.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

You really want to get Inf Edge as soon as possible. We all love attacking fast and moving fast, but with Trynd's built in Crit, you really want the 260% dmg on them ASAP.

I would also take Merc Treads instead of zerkers. AS is easily obtained...tenacity and MR are not. Merc treads can help ensure you dont get chunked out by magic dmg before you can click R, and also not to waste any of your precious Ult time getting Snared.

If jungling you might still go with zerkers for faster clear though, and consider a hexdrinker for some MR and anti-chunking shield.

I would recommend IE of course, then a Phantom Dancer which will get you near 100% crit chance with the huge 260% multiplier. A simple Vamp Scepter is plenty of sustain. You dont need early bloodthirster. Save that for later. You need DPS! That is your primary contribution to the game.

Theres nothing like spinning into combat and doing a 700 damage CHUNK on your first hit. Even with lower AS, the big IE-fueled hits are going to do more DPS overall. Try it and compare to the zeal-rush.

TheLastBaron88

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
You really want to get Inf Edge as soon as possible. We all love attacking fast and moving fast, but with Trynd's built in Crit, you really want the 260% dmg on them ASAP.

I would also take Merc Treads instead of zerkers. AS is easily obtained...tenacity and MR are not. Merc treads can help ensure you dont get chunked out by magic dmg before you can click R, and also not to waste any of your precious Ult time getting Snared.

If jungling you might still go with zerkers for faster clear though, and consider a hexdrinker for some MR and anti-chunking shield.

I would recommend IE of course, then a Phantom Dancer which will get you near 100% crit chance with the huge 260% multiplier. A simple Vamp Scepter is plenty of sustain. You dont need early bloodthirster. Save that for later. You need DPS! That is your primary contribution to the game.

Theres nothing like spinning into combat and doing a 700 damage CHUNK on your first hit. Even with lower AS, the big IE-fueled hits are going to do more DPS overall. Try it and compare to the zeal-rush.
Getting a Vamp Scepter after my boots was a huge benefit, worked out great waiting until after getting my IE to finish my Bloodthirster. Didnt realize the finished BT only gave me another 2% LS. Haven't really been able to do the math on whether IE is preferable to Zeal early game (my lane was getting a lot of pressure), and I'm still a bit dubious about the idea, but so far it has demonstrated itself to be a pretty solid build order.

l Lone Wolf l

08-07-2012

Any tips on keeping him alive? I'm used to playing tanky toons and Tryn is far from it.

Cenerae

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Lone Wolf l View Post
Any tips on keeping him alive? I'm used to playing tanky toons and Tryn is far from it.
Tryndamere's ult provides him the 'survivability' he needs to do his job in teamfights. Early game, Bloodlust healing is really strong and you should be able to heal up harrass quite well with it. Late game you need to play him like an assassin - jump on a squishy high damage dealer and attempt to beat their faces in, and using your ultimate when you're about to die (getting the timing right will take practise, hit it a little early if you're not sure as it's better than hitting it too late and dying without having ulted at all).

If you're playing against smart opponents, then they'll ignite you 2-3 seconds after you ult, which is going to be just before you'll spin away and pop bloodlust to try and heal, thus killing you. Consider running Cleanse, or buying a Quicksilver Sash to deal with that.

Mostly, you just need to time your arrival correctly. If you've farmed reasonably well you're going to be a major threat to the enemy team, but you also need to give them other things to worry about than just you. If you blindly rush in, you may get a kill but you'll almost certainly die. You may also die and not get any real hits in. But if you go in on the heels of your team, they have to pick between handling you, and handling your team mates. If they pick you, then your team gets free time to beat away while you're protected by your ultimate. If they ignore you, you carve up their squishies for lunch.