Veigar/ heavy bursters needs a buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trackmaster

08-05-2012

So I was looking a win rates for the champs I play and one jumped out at me, Veigar. His current win rate is 46% and, but is averaging around 42-43%. I also checked to see if maybe he was like 55% at one level and bad everywhere else, but at all elo's he is under 48%. I don't think he needs a hard damage buff, but some movement speed, the event horizon stun staying up longer (not longer stun, but longer effect), extra health, armor or MR would give him a little more edge.

The problem I think is with the meta shifting to tankier champs/ builds, bursters seem to have lost some power. Perhaps an DFG type item that gives all abilities like a 10% of max health damage per 100 ap or something might help.

Hyliades

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmaster View Post
The problem I think is with the meta shifting to tankier champs/ builds, bursters seem to have lost some power. Perhaps an DFG type item that gives all abilities like a 10% of max health damage per 100 ap or something might help.
well, lets do some math, lets say its a typical veigar with about 0,9k ap, lets say he uses this item, with that he can burst down 90% of the enemy health.

my other (serious) opinion:
as a heavy burst champion, you dont want to burst down the tanks.
you want to kill their adc, who will have either do 2 things:
a) build tanky, which means he wont do damage
b) let his team mates shield him and them building tanky, which means if you manage to kill their adc they wont do any damage.

deirin

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmaster View Post

Perhaps an DFG type item that gives all abilities like a 10% of max health damage per 100 ap or something might help.
jesus man...why not add an item that insta kill all enemy team to make ap player *better*... man true dmg is already super op adding % health dmg is like annoying and theres already an item that look like that and is used a lot in high elo

AlphariusRising

08-05-2012

The problem with burst champions isn't that they can't take you from 100 to 0 easily enough. Lots of champs can achieve that fairly easily, the problem is once they do their thing they're squishy, and Cooldowns means they're not going to be doing much else that fight even in an ideal situation.

A few of the champions do need a buff though. Veigar is one, Annie is another. They're old and suffering from power creep.

trackmaster

08-05-2012

Alright 10% per 100 was just an example for the point, I haven't actually thought about how to balance the item so yeah that would be OP. Mainly since I meant it as a passive per ability use (with a short cd). The reason for the item is that bursters (mainly squishy ones like vieg, annie, LB ect.) exist only to kill the AD carry. They can't really hurt bruisers and tanks while AD carries can melt anyone.