Ask the Scorpion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrubby Yum Yums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

((I ain't goin' nowhere. Just havin' mad internet issues. Thanks for mentioning that for me since I couldn't, Tji.))

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

((ACCOUNT SLIP!!!! :P ))

((For when you can,))

Skarner,

I am hunting for a massive gem. I seek to make a mace of incredible power and hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance and may the sun warm up heart and the wind blow at your back,
Geokhan

((See my thread for details. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post28141308))

Scrubby Yum Yums

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
((ACCOUNT SLIP!!!! :P ))

((For when you can,))

Skarner,

I am hunting for a massive gem. I seek to make a mace of incredible power and hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance and may the sun warm up heart and the wind blow at your back,
Geokhan

((See my thread for details. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post28141308))
((It wasn't a slip up, I name dropped my main account on like page two or something. I knew I was posting as Ux. Hopefully my net will be up and running on Monday, but I'm not holding my breath.))

Geokhan

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxaris View Post
((It wasn't a slip up, I name dropped my main account on like page two or something. I knew I was posting as Ux. Hopefully my net will be up and running on Monday, but I'm not holding my breath.))

((Not a big deal. I don't care at all as long as you're obvious. I am also not in charge. I was trolling....Oh well. Welcome to my sad mind.....Pony.))

Scrubby Yum Yums

08-25-2012

Quote:
((Not a big deal. I don't care at all as long as you're obvious. I am also not in charge. I was trolling....Oh well. Welcome to my sad mind.....Pony.))
((Trolls trolling trolls trolling tr- etc.))

SandscourgeSkarn

08-27-2012

((I'm back now. Got lots of work to do. LEZ GEET TEW IT.))

Geokhan

08-28-2012

Skarner,

Geokhan

SandscourgeSkarn

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
"The world is full of small wonders. We should do our best to preserve them." The Treant looks like he's smiling a bit, as if trying to emulate compassion.

"It will be an honor to fight alongside you for the preservation of the world. Thank you for your time, Skarner."
The lone Brackern nods deeply in appreciation of his peer, considering the Treant one of his more well-aligned comrades. He had most certainly not expected to hear Maokai speaking quite this... Merrily, but the departure from the norm seems to inspire the mineral arachnid greatly.

"I am sure our combined abilities will hasten this world's renewal and preservation considerably. Know that I consider you a great ally, Maokai."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmig View Post
When you visit the city states do you let children pet you?

~Lucas, bird of summoner Razmig
Skarner doesn't so much take offense to the question as he is confused by it, though his annoyance is fairly evident. His features seemed more than capable of expressing that much, if not particularly complex emotions. Regardless of his confusion and irritation, he asnwers.

"I have not toured the various city states much, I believe the one I have visited most frequently and most recently was Freljord. The harsh conditions are not so restrictive on one made of crystals. I found out, however, that my body chills considerably there. A particularly inquisitive individual attempted to inspect my exoskeleton, and found his flesh frozen to me for some time."

The Vanguard clears his throat, the slightest bit embarrassed that he had not foreseen the man's pain before it had happened, though he was not used to such temperatures nor how they interacted with his recently awakened to form.

"Nonetheless, I do not tend to let children pet me on the rare occasions I do visit the more densely populated regions. I tend to keep to side streets and away from crowds as much as I can, for many think I am a relatively gruesome visage. I do not begrudge them, for it allows me my solitude, my time to think."

He doesn't seem to the mind the question so much anymore, having thought more about it, though his irritation had caused him to resemble the frightening image that he had just spoken about.

"I will note, the few I happen across in the deserts I travel in bi-daily tend to be very different than those of the city states, and I have a much more amicable relationship with them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky33 View Post
What sort of magic did your people use?
"Greetings, Lich. As I have explained several times, my people, the Brackern, were attuned to the primal magics of the very soil and air itself. It, as much as food and water, allowed us to live and prosper. I am certain you have seen me infuse my enemies with it to cause harm, then consume it to restore my vitality."

Skarner pondered a moment, remembering the very, very few summoners who seemed to regard the technique highly. His technique was not rusty, surely, but he was not certain what grudge they seemed to hold against it.

"Actually, perhaps you have not seen it very frequently. Most summoners seem to wholesale ignore that capability of mine. I am not certain why, to be honest, they seem to speak, rather, complain, of its powers. I find it very pleasant to perform, myself. I suppose they are not able to feel the rush of energy that I do when I consume the energy."

He raises his claws in confusion for a moment, but continues. "Several of my race were well-versed in other magics, having communed with Arachia that contained knowledge of them, though our primary magical catalyst has always and will always be that of the earth. Knowledge of diverse magics was not looked upon as a particularly impressive trait, as we had seen humans use them to disasterous results. Luckily, we were of tempered wills, and would not stoop to misusing them."

Quote:
There was no why to only impose such limits while you were on the Fields?
I smell something fishy and Fizz ain't here. I know Udyr has restrictions placed on him for the fields, but he is free from them while removed. I would be concerned...I am now for saying such things out loud. The league has not always been honest, Skarner. Remember that.
The scorpion initially appears to take great offense to the notion that the Institute is not as cleancut as he believes it. He looks out over the crowd as if to call a rallying cry from them, but when none speak up he begins to lecture.

"It is merely preposterous to presume so arrogantly that the Institute has anything but the best wishes of the world at heart! That you would so callously claim such a thing! To so staunch a supporter of the Institute no less!"

Skarner had been menacingly cornering the man the entire time, having isolated him into a corner. He drew close and spoke once more in a covert whisper, acting as though he was muttering vicious threats to the guest.

"The League has ears everywhere you fool. They will think their limitations upon me exist off of the fields as much as the wish, but I have broken free of them. They were hasty in assessing my strengths, did not glimpse the true depths of my arcane strength. While the loss of the young summoner was indeed regrettable their limitations were unsanctioned and unwise. I have heard a rumor that a terror lurks the Shuriman deserts, with the look of a great, six-legged scorpion. I believe they are merely using me to their own ends."

He drew back from the man, voice rising again into a commanding shout. "You are welcome to stay, but should I hear such ill-tidings from you again I will personally remove you! Understood?"

His eyes lock on the man's for a moment before he returns to his previous place at the front of the crowd, all of whom seem a little stunned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
"Do forgive me Vanguard, for taking so long to be able to speak to you again. I have busied myself with so much events in Runeterra and its people that I have little time to spend speaking to those I consider my friends. I have yet another question for you, though again I hope I am not treading on sensitive ground."

"I understand that you are the only Brackern that was awaken from your hibernation, yet as you tread on in this world, attempting to mend this world for the return of your people... is there anyone in particular you are waiting to see? Family perhaps, a father, mother or sibling? Perhaps one you consider your lover?"

"Forgive my asking, I can understand this question may upset you to think about... but I find myself curious about your past, and I wonder how the Bracken formed their social structure."

"That being said, I would be more than happy to guide you in this world as I become more familiar with it, however I have only spent around three short years on this world, and much of this world still feels strange to me, yet I am learning about your lands quickly. Never the less, I shall be happy to assist you in any way you wish, you are free to contact me whenever you need my assistance."

Anivia once more gives a small bow of her head, to show respect to the Crystal Vanguard.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

(( Don't go, you're one of my absolute favorite Ask Champion Boards here. ^.^ ))
((Never. I enjoy our conversations far too much to abandon you now. Face it, FrostWing, you're stuck with me. :3))

Skarner answered when he felt it right to do so, his crystalline body glinting a subtle red as she asked so personal a question of him. The glow was a reflection of his emotions, as well as a manifesting of the energies of the earth. It was comparable to a blush. His voice and tone, however, were soft.

"While you've the right of it, Anivia, and I do eagerly await the return of my kind, I am not waiting for any specific Brackern to return, as our view of family is a community one. Each Brackern is treated as familial. Though, while we are tightly knit, we do not have the love the races you are perhaps more familiar with do. We bred with whomever we saw as most capable of bearing our brood when the urge arose. Our choice of mate was driven by compatibility rather than emotion."

He pauses as his normally purple hide turns magenta from the "blush". When he manages to finally collect himself properly. It was an odd sight to see the normally stoic Vanguard appearing so vulnerable, though it seemed fairly evident that it was due to both the nature of the question and the one who asked it that was causing it.

"However. We did have something very similar to love in our culture. While most Brackern would choose a more suitable mate every breeding cycle based upon their own preferred merits, their were rare cases where a pair would return to each other every cycle regardless of superior mates. The two would spend much of their time together, largely in silence, exchanging very few words. They appeared to have an unspoken understanding of "love". Our race had no word for it, but the depth of these couple's devotions to one another was astounding, beyond mere words."

Once again pausing to collect himself, Skarner looks up at the inquisitive Cryophoenix almost blankly. He speaks in a monotone.

"As I am certain it will come up, I did not ever experience this during the many mating cycles I was a part of." His tone shifts to a more natural one, before saying more. "Our culture was largely based upon our singular, massive community. Everyone did what they were best at, and while some jobs were perhaps regarded as more important than others, we all knew that no task was truly of lesser import than another."

Finishing the explanation of his resting culture and home, he addressed more immediately personal concerns, heaving a large, tired sigh from the unusual wash of emotion he'd just undergone.

"Know that you needn't apologize for having a difficult schedule, Anivia. I cherish our talks. While typically the questions you ask would likely tinge me with a familiar sadness, I do not seem to mind answering them for you, regardless of their nature. I will attempt to contact you soon, perhaps, for an excursion. I warn you, I do not know many areas save for Shurima, a place I am fairly certain you would not enjoy, and what was my previous home, now the Crystal Scar, not something I would like to explore during our leisure."

The Brackern once again glows, this time a barely visible pink. He shows his deep, honest respect, just as he had before, becoming a vulnerable target, but trusting that she would never lash out at him.

Quote:
Skarner,

Geokhan
Quote:
Skarner,

Geokhan
He addresses the man again, his tones of derision and combativeness not present this time, true to his words earlier.

"You need not repeat yourself, sir, I am not hard of hearing. As for your quest, I am certain you do not wish to unearth an Arachia crystal for this errand of yours. If you do, I will hunt you down and end you. I am unversed on other crystals, and I would direct your attention to Taric instead. I am certain he can help you, though I have not noticed him around the institute recently. Perhaps he is away on business or embroiled in personal matters."

((That felt really good. I missed my scorpion.))

AskKarthus

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post
"Greetings, Lich. As I have explained several times, my people, the Brackern, were attuned to the primal magics of the very soil and air itself. It, as much as food and water, allowed us to live and prosper. I am certain you have seen me infuse my enemies with it to cause harm, then consume it to restore my vitality."

Skarner pondered a moment, remembering the very, very few summoners who seemed to regard the technique highly. His technique was not rusty, surely, but he was not certain what grudge they seemed to hold against it.

"Actually, perhaps you have not seen it very frequently. Most summoners seem to wholesale ignore that capability of mine. I am not certain why, to be honest, they seem to speak, rather, complain, of its powers. I find it very pleasant to perform, myself. I suppose they are not able to feel the rush of energy that I do when I consume the energy."

He raises his claws in confusion for a moment, but continues. "Several of my race were well-versed in other magics, having communed with Arachia that contained knowledge of them, though our primary magical catalyst has always and will always be that of the earth. Knowledge of diverse magics was not looked upon as a particularly impressive trait, as we had seen humans use them to disasterous results. Luckily, we were of temptered wills, and would not stoop to misusing them."
Interesting.

As one who wields questionable magic, what is your opinion of myself?

Geokhan

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post

The scorpion initially appears to take great offense to the notion that the Institute is not as cleancut as he believes it. He looks out over the crowd as if to call a rallying cry from them, but when none speak up he begins to lecture.

"It is merely preposterous to presume so arrogantly that the Institute has anything but the best wishes of the world at heart! That you would so callously claim such a thing! To so staunch a supporter of the Institute no less!"

Skarner had been menacingly cornering the man the entire time, having isolated him into a corner. He drew close and spoke once more in a covert whisper, acting as though he was muttering vicious threats to the guest.

"The League has ears everywhere you fool. They will think their limitations upon me exist off of the fields as much as the wish, but I have broken free of them. They were hasty in assessing my strengths, did not glimpse the true depths of my arcane strength. While the loss of the young summoner was indeed regrettable their limitations were unsanctioned and unwise. I have heard a rumor that a terror lurks the Shuriman deserts, with the look of a great, six-legged scorpion. I believe they are merely using me to their own ends."

He drew back from the man, voice rising again into a commanding shout. "You are welcome to stay, but should I hear such ill-tidings from you again I will personally remove you! Understood?"

His eyes lock on the man's for a moment before he returns to his previous place at the front of the crowd, all of whom seem a little stunned.

He addresses the man again, his tones of derision and combativeness not present this time, true to his words earlier.

"You need not repeat yourself, sir, I am not hard of hearing. As for your quest, I am certain you do not wish to unearth an Arachia crystal for this errand of yours. If you do, I will hunt you down a end you. I am unversed on other crystals, and I would direct your attention to Taric instead. I am certain he can help you, though I have not noticed him around the institute recently. Perhaps he is away on business or embroiled in personal matters."

((That felt really good. I missed my scorpion.))

((Didn't realize you were playing catch up. Sorry))

Geokhan flashes a quick smile at the Brackern after he revealed that his powers were unaltered.

Apologies. Forgive my insolence to the organization you and I serve. I am certain the League knows best what is good for the world.

As for my 2/3 question, apologies for asking multiple times as I thought you did not hear.

I also did not wish for a gem of your people for two reasons.

1) They are the property of the Brackern, and I don't deal in stolen goods.

2) They hold the knowledge of your people, thus I could not enchant them to the levels I wish to. Too much background noise, if you understand.

Sorry to take up your time.

Oh and by the way, I do summon you regularly and I understand why we don't use that skill so much. It is a thing of damage versus sustain and other skills deal much more damage than you can heal. We are a little obsessed with dealing hurt us summoners aren't we?

Of course, I summon Taric and Alister almost as often as I summon yourself, so I hope there is a little less blood lust in me.

May your tail strike fast and true.