Ask the Scorpion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post
The Brackern nods in greeting to the Treant and takes a moment to contemplate the question.

"My kind, as they were, were brought to their stature by the magics of the earth and the impulsive, destructive nature of humans in the past. I believe this is the reason my own kind so easily understood their command over our magic. The humans I knew then were little more than warring fools with greed in their hearts. They did not understand the way the very air trembled in pain from their actions as we did, likely as you personally have. They had no way of understanding how their wars made the earth itself scream out in agony."

Skarner paused, stricken with the memories of those very feelings. His expression was one of pain and horror. It faded quickly.

"I do believe that they have begun to understand what they've done to the earth. They have many steps more to take to come into accord with my own race but the majority seem to realize their errors. I hope that they can one day truly understand their folly to the entirety of its scope, for that day is when my kind will once again step into the open air as I have."
Maokai snorts, if such a word is appropriate for the sound the Treant makes. It's a disdainful sound, but not one to disrespect the Brackern. Instead, it seems more like its a reflexive response.

"You sound like you have hope for the humans. As if you think they're on the right path. As if you think their minds can truly comprehend what it is they're doing to the land. Their people. Their futur--"

Maokai is stopped as his Sapling hops around before him, oblivious to the conversation. It's that same feeling of hesitation from his judgement. Why? He knows he is angry. No, not just angry. Indignant. He abhors what the humans have done to the land, to him, and yet--

"... They have a long, long way to go, Brackern. And until they do, I hope for the safety of both your kind, and mine. Otherwise, your people won't have earth to walk on, or air to breathe."

Snowy Poro

08-11-2012

Leona smiled, very pleased with Skarners answer, she bowed to the mighty creature once more

"Thank you for your time, vanguard"

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Skarner,

Do you have venom?

SandscourgeSkarn

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
Maokai snorts, if such a word is appropriate for the sound the Treant makes. It's a disdainful sound, but not one to disrespect the Brackern. Instead, it seems more like its a reflexive response.

"You sound like you have hope for the humans. As if you think they're on the right path. As if you think their minds can truly comprehend what it is they're doing to the land. Their people. Their futur--"

Maokai is stopped as his Sapling hops around before him, oblivious to the conversation. It's that same feeling of hesitation from his judgement. Why? He knows he is angry. No, not just angry. Indignant. He abhors what the humans have done to the land, to him, and yet--

"... They have a long, long way to go, Brackern. And until they do, I hope for the safety of both your kind, and mine. Otherwise, your people won't have earth to walk on, or air to breathe."
The crystalline one nods in agreement, thoughts of the past suffering of his people and indeed the world as well brought unbidden to his mind. It is nothing if not a chaotic memory, of death and agony. It is one he has relived countless times since awakening to the strange world upon which he treads now.

"It is a small wonder that there is air for us to breathe now, that there is little more than fire and brimstone upon which to tread, Treant."

His words are laden with the amazing weight of his sadness, his sense of loss. Yet still he remains hopeful that it can be righted, that the wrongs can be undone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
Leona smiled, very pleased with Skarners answer, she bowed to the mighty creature once more

"Thank you for your time, vanguard"
Skarner responds, swiftly and without hesitation. He seems proud of himself.

"And you for your question, Lady of the Sun."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Skarner,

Do you have venom?
Skarner flexed his tail lightly, careful not to spook the crowd assembled around him. Humans had always feared the slightest twitch of his massive weapon, so he had learned to keep it close and still. It was a foreign feeling, as much of his culture had to do with where one's tail had been during talking. He likened it to human body language. Nevertheless, he responded after his quiet inflection.

"I do indeed have venom, much as I had venom before my transformation. It has been changed as I have, infused with the magics of the world. It is one reason why the Institute requires my 'ultimate' to function as it does. My venom causes magical necrosis and multiple organ failure within mere seconds of injection. Due to its unique nature as both a magical malady and a physical toxin, I am all but certain there is no definite cure. It can be stemmed, but as far as I am aware, there has yet to be a surefire method of removing it from the body with enough haste to save the victim."

The scorpion speaks in almost reverant tones about his venom, yet tinged with sadness. He explains why after another moment to think.

"My capabilities were tested by the League and I have since been weakened. It was deemed that my venom was too dangerous and my hide too strong to truly participate in 'battle' with the other champions. My strength on the fields is a farcry from my true capabilities. I do mourn the loss of those they had me demonstrate my venom upon. They were but simple cattle, but I am certain they could've gone to much better use than a necrotic death at my tail's end. And the poor boy who was tasked with extracting some of my venom for further testing..."

He shudders, reliving the memory of the time. It was not a kind ordeal, clearly.

"He was barely twenty. Brown hair. Blue eyes. A novice summoner, but a kind lad. He had been very excited to work with me. Perhaps too excited. His hands slipped as he was affixing the League's device to my tail to extract the poison. I was not quick enough to pull away. He cut himself on my stinger and was dead within mere moments. His name was Zacharias. I gladly accepted the restrictions."

Ask A Treant

08-13-2012

Quote:
The crystalline one nods in agreement, thoughts of the past suffering of his people and indeed the world as well brought unbidden to his mind. It is nothing if not a chaotic memory, of death and agony. It is one he has relived countless times since awakening to the strange world upon which he treads now.

"It is a small wonder that there is air for us to breathe now, that there is little more than fire and brimstone upon which to tread, Treant."

His words are laden with the amazing weight of his sadness, his sense of loss. Yet still he remains hopeful that it can be righted, that the wrongs can be undone.
"The world is full of small wonders. We should do our best to preserve them." The Treant looks like he's smiling a bit, as if trying to emulate compassion.

"It will be an honor to fight alongside you for the preservation of the world. Thank you for your time, Skarner."

Razie

08-13-2012

When you visit the city states do you let children pet you?

~Lucas, bird of summoner Razmig

Ducky33

08-13-2012

What sort of magic did your people use?

(( Account slip up, this is Karthus. ))

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:

Skarner responds, swiftly and without hesitation. He seems proud of himself.

"And you for your question, Lady of the Sun."

Skarner flexed his tail lightly, careful not to spook the crowd assembled around him. Humans had always feared the slightest twitch of his massive weapon, so he had learned to keep it close and still. It was a foreign feeling, as much of his culture had to do with where one's tail had been during talking. He likened it to human body language. Nevertheless, he responded after his quiet inflection.

"I do indeed have venom, much as I had venom before my transformation. It has been changed as I have, infused with the magics of the world. It is one reason why the Institute requires my 'ultimate' to function as it does. My venom causes magical necrosis and mutliple organ failure within mere seconds of injection. Due to its unique nature as both a magical malady and a physical toxin, I am all but certain there is no definite cure. It can be stemmed, but as far as I am aware, there has yet to be a surefire method of removing it from the body with enough haste to save the victim."

The scorpion speaks in almost reverant tones about his venom, yet tinged with sadness. He explains why after another moment to think.

"My capabilities were tested by the League and I have since been weakened. It was deemed that my venom was too dangerous and my hide too strong to truly participate in 'battle' with the other champions. My strength on the fields is a farcry from my true capabilities. I do mourn the loss of those they had me demonstrate my venom upon. They were but simple cattle, but I am certain they could've gone to much better use than a necrotic death at my tail's end. And the poor boy who was tasked with extracting some of my venom for further testing..."

He shudders, reliving the memory of the time. It was not a kind ordeal, clearly.

"He was barely twenty. Brown hair. Blue eyes. A novice summoner, but a kind lad. He had been very excited to work with me. Perhaps too excited. His hands slipped as he was affixing the League's device to my tail to extract the poison. I was not quick enough to pull away. He cut himself on my stinger and was dead within mere moments. His name was Zacharias. I gladly accepted the restrictions."

There was no why to only impose such limits while you were on the Fields?
I smell something fishy and Fizz ain't here. I know Udyr has restrictions placed on him for the fields, but he is free from them while removed. I would be concerned...I am now for saying such things out loud. The league has not always been honest, Skarner. Remember that.

The Cryophoenix

08-21-2012

"Do forgive me Vanguard, for taking so long to be able to speak to you again. I have busied myself with so much events in Runeterra and its people that I have little time to spend speaking to those I consider my friends. I have yet another question for you, though again I hope I am not treading on sensitive ground."

"I understand that you are the only Brackern that was awaken from your hibernation, yet as you tread on in this world, attempting to mend this world for the return of your people... is there anyone in particular you are waiting to see? Family perhaps, a father, mother or sibling? Perhaps one you consider your lover?"

"Forgive my asking, I can understand this question may upset you to think about... but I find myself curious about your past, and I wonder how the Bracken formed their social structure."

"That being said, I would be more than happy to guide you in this world as I become more familiar with it, however I have only spent around three short years on this world, and much of this world still feels strange to me, yet I am learning about your lands quickly. Never the less, I shall be happy to assist you in any way you wish, you are free to contact me whenever you need my assistance."

Anivia once more gives a small bow of her head, to show respect to the Crystal Vanguard.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

(( Don't go, you're one of my absolute favorite Ask Champion Boards here. ^.^ ))

Tjihyana

08-21-2012

((Skarner currently has some problems with his internet, and is unable to be around too much. I don't think he's going anywhere Anivia ^^ ))