Ask the Scorpion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Geokhan nods his head and stands straight.

And you have given me purpose. A goal is something not many can give another. No matter how insurmountable. Thank you.

As for the Arachia, I have searched mine for an answer and it is still unsure why it is in such a state, so maybe it was something that was deployed in that nearby fight that slowly rode the wind to the far reaches of the world?

While thinking on Arachia knowledge, isn't the Arachia capable of housing the collective knowledge of the whole? I seem to recall seeing something in one of the declassified reports they have on you saying something about a sharing ritual. It was vague and my Arachia is only slightly less so. almost as if it had only heard bits and pieces.

((PS: Please tell me how involved you want to get with the Trouble in Kalamanda thread. If you wanna creep and pop in or you want to journey with the party, post a little something in the sign up))
"Hmm... It is indeed possible, or at least, it was, before our forms were bound to our Arachia, I am uncertain if it can still be done. It was a modified version of the typical binding process, temporary. Any Brackern could do it, yet it would not rob them of their own Arachia. Since I cannot hand you my own to test, nor disengage from it to test for myself, I cannot say for certain." Skarner looked down in thought, scraping the tips of his claws against one another as he pondered. It was something he'd considered for some time, and yet hadn't come up with much.

"As for the toxicity within the Arachia, I believe that has more to do with the state of the earth itself, than anything overtly done in that particular conflict. I think the magic they, and many other civilizations, had been using was simply caustic to the world. To cleanse our bodies, I believe we must cleanse the world. No simple task, surely. Since each Arachia is intimately linked to the world, if it ails, so too do we." Skarner heaved a sigh. He had never thought that he would need to explain how impossible his task could be. To have uttered the words, even in the unspoken tongue of the Arachia, doing so robbed the noble Brackern of his fervor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mad Chemist View Post
For a while your ability to produce an exoskeleton armor from apparently nowhere has caught my attention tell me. Do you can you create crystal just using mana?
Also would it be possible to multiply those crystals trough exposing them to different sources of energy?
"I can indeed create crystal at a whim. I am fairly certain that the energy required to replicate the process is accessible to my kind, exclusively." Skarner's tone was curt, clipped. It was abundantly clear that he was less than thrilled to see the Mad Chemist. Yet still he answered the man's questions. Skarner's hide grew for a moment before the shell sloughed from his body and crashed to the floor.

"There, I have provided you with a sample. Do with it what you will." The hunk of purplish blue crystal was merely an inert hunk of rock, nothing alike an Arachia. In truth, the only thing that would cause it to multiply would be the energies of the world, the very energies that the Brackern exclusively commanded. Never the less, it was an amazing magical focal point, acting like a magnifying glass. Skarner was understandably hesitant to give Singed such a weapon, but wanted to be rid of his presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Diana walks up onto Skarner's quarters within the League, hoping the scorpion can answer all of her questions in time.

Hello Skarner... In the past before your people went into hibernation, due to the first rune war... Did any of you revere the Moon? If not, has the moon ever changed since those times?
"Some of us chose to view celestial bodies, be they the moon, the sun, stars, other worlds as deities. The vast majority of our people, however, were more tied to our mother, Runeterra. Much as you see your moon, I see the earth and soil, the air, everything about this planet." Skarner stopped himself before his words began to escape faster than he could check them. "But, we do not turn a blind eye to the things that have given us what we have now. The moon is very much important to my kind."

"However, I recall, in my adolescence, that the moon was much more visible in the night sky. That it shone more brightly. I cannot say its beauty did not make the long nights I spent traveling from one quarry or cavern to the next in search of my Arachia much more bearable. A beacon, a guiding light." Skarner's eyes closed as he relived the memories, tinged though they were with sadness.

Ask Mad Chemist

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post

"I can indeed create crystal at a whim. I am fairly certain that the energy required to replicate the process is accessible to my kind, exclusively." Skarner's tone was curt, clipped. It was abundantly clear that he was less than thrilled to see the Mad Chemist. Yet still he answered the man's questions. Skarner's hide grew for a moment before the shell sloughed from his body and crashed to the floor.

"There, I have provided you with a sample. Do with it what you will." The hunk of purplish blue crystal was merely an inert hunk of rock, nothing alike an Arachia. In truth, the only thing that would cause it to multiply would be the energies of the world, the very energies that the Brackern exclusively commanded. Never the less, it was an amazing magical focal point, acting like a magnifying glass. Skarner was understandably hesitant to give Singed such a weapon, but wanted to be rid of his presence.
Singed took the crystal and examinates it while hearing the words from the Brakern warrior.
Incredible. Before leaving I would like to ask you one last question.
You said that the type of energy is primarily exclusive to your kind, and from what I heard you told the the lunari.
Would be correct to assume that the magical energy comes from the earth?

SandscourgeSkarn

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mad Chemist View Post
Singed took the crystal and examinates it while hearing the words from the Brakern warrior.
Incredible. Before leaving I would like to ask you one last question.
You said that the type of energy is primarily exclusive to your kind, and from what I heard you told the the lunari.
Would be correct to assume that the magical energy comes from the earth?
"That is correct, scientist. The earth contains its own magical energy, its own life. Much as the Lunari worship the moon for its radiance and splendor, and the Solari the sun for much the same reason, my people owe our life to Runeterra." Skarner nodded one final time, assuming Singed's questions were answered and that he had no further business.

Level 99 Vayne

12-11-2012

Akali carefully approached the sizable crystal creature, giving him a respectful bow the moment he would notice her presence. She paused for a moment, moderately intimidated by his size, but soon regained her stature and spoke.

"Skarner, I've felt your stinger before on the fields, but it is hardly a prime example of observation considering the circumstances of you using it. How exactly does it work? In regards to the complete, full body paralysis and pull, with the ability to escape unharmed after a few moments, not including that of your allies assisting in the damage."

She gazes upon his reflective, gorgeously colored crystal adorned body, contrasting his piercing golden eyes. She wasn't used to seeing him so.. calm. It intrigued her.

Damnnation12

12-11-2012

"Skarner, you're my favorite champion when I first used you." The summoner smiles. "So, I have a question, would you rather me jungle or lane?"

SandscourgeSkarn

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ńsk Akali View Post
Akali carefully approached the sizable crystal creature, giving him a respectful bow the moment he would notice her presence. She paused for a moment, moderately intimidated by his size, but soon regained her stature and spoke.

"Skarner, I've felt your stinger before on the fields, but it is hardly a prime example of observation considering the circumstances of you using it. How exactly does it work? In regards to the complete, full body paralysis and pull, with the ability to escape unharmed after a few moments, not including that of your allies assisting in the damage."

She gazes upon his reflective, gorgeously colored crystal adorned body, contrasting his piercing golden eyes. She wasn't used to seeing him so.. calm. It intrigued her.
The hulking beast in question turned and gave Akali a nod of recognition, utterly used to the stares he received from people at this point. Waiting for her to finish speaking, Skarner gave the ninja a quick looking over, curious if he was suddenly deemed an ill fit for her balance. Sensing no hostility, however, he responded.

"While it is little known to many, my strengths are tuned downward whilst one the Fields of Justice. As I have heard it called, my 'ultimate', Impale, is very much a weakened use of my powers. As you are no doubt aware..." Skarner's body was near immediately sheathed in an additional coating of crystal, though it was much less radiant than it tended to be. "I can fashion crystals from nothing. They are bound to my body and by merely encasing my enemies in a prison of gemstones, they are both harmed and restrained."

The armor of twinkling stones sloughed from his body and dispersed into a fluttering rush of immaterial magic, winking out of being as it was returned to the earth that bore it. "If I so wished at this very moment I could make this room to be a nightmarish crystalline cavern. My powers are those of the very soil we tread. The most wise and powerful of Brackern were left nearest the surface to awaken. Those who command the greatest portion of this world's strength."

Skarner leveled his gaze on Akali's face once more, covered though it was. "Does that answer your question?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnnation12 View Post
"Skarner, you're my favorite champion when I first used you." The summoner smiles. "So, I have a question, would you rather me jungle or lane?"
Skarner's attention turned to the other query quickly, answering it rapidly. "I prefer to solitude of the jungle, though I have known some to prefer my presence in the 'top' lane. I am as effective as the summoner I am summoned by. I would suggest you familiarize yourself with my powers in the jungle first, however."

Ask Mälzahar

12-11-2012

Malzahar floated into the scorpion's chamber, looking over the scorpion he knew he wasn't welcome, but he asked his question anyway.

"We have seen much of the future but little of the past, were your kind aware of the void's strength?"

SandscourgeSkarn

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
Dear Skarner,

I find it odd that you allow yourself to be summoned. The League has not helped you in uncovering more of your kind, nor have they assisted in restoring your ancestral home. In fact, all they've done is turn it into a stage for more fighting. What are you getting out of this relationship?

Evelynn
Skarner huffed audibly as the letter reached his attention. Truthfully, he could not yet read and he doubted he would ever be able to write. When the letter finally returned to its sender, it would be written in the pen of Skarner's faithful servant Sigmund Destrava.

Quote:
Evelynn,

My goal is not to immediately awaken my kind, nor is it necessarily to restore the Scar. My goal is to restore the world, to vanquish the suffering it feels with every one of its imperceptible breaths. Every moment that ails the planet is a moment that my people rest. Our return will be heralded by the world's waking sigh of joy and happiness, as a human child awakens from a nap.

It is for this reason that I do battle within the League. To undo the caustic burns war and strife have hewn into the very face of our mother. To bring the world to the splendor it so rightfully deserves. I am no stranger to the machinations that abound in this Institute. No fool am I, blind to the insidious nature it can possess. Yet for as much wrong as it has and will likely still do, it can be used as a tool for good.

I still seek a day where the heartache of battle is but a fleeting memory on the minds of the world and its many children.

[right]Dictated but not read,
Skarner[/right]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mšlzahar View Post
Malzahar floated into the scorpion's chamber, looking over the scorpion he knew he wasn't welcome, but he asked his question anyway.

"We have seen much of the future but little of the past, were your kind aware of the void's strength?"
Skarner's gaze fell upon the Void's prophet with the weight of his ages of wisdom, with scrutiny and curiosity in equal measure. He did not owe the man any favors, his words a constant looming threat to the safety of Skarner's beloved Runeterra, yet at the same time, he did not regard him with any spite or hatred. He was aware of the circumstances of his choices, insofar as he felt he should be aware and so knew that for as much doomsaying as Malzahar did, his own race would stand bastion over the soil.

The natural order of life and death was a tricky thing and it had a guiding hand in many of Skarner's choices. If the Void were to come, the Brackern would rise to fight. If it were their place to lose, he would die knowing his race held fast in the face of utter danger, fighting for what they loved, for what bore them. He would pass on knowing that every inch of ground the Void gained was stained with the blood of their kind, knowing that their battle was fought as fiercely as was possible.

When finally he spoke to the prophet, his tone was clear, his words concise and accurate, channeling those feelings into every syllable. "We were not aware of your presence at the time, when last we were awake on this planet. Your strength is not a concern my kind cares about. When your armies come, know that we will be there. We will fight. Each Brackern will stand with resolve undying until you are either thwarted or we have lost. There will be blood."

Skarner's eyes closed in defiance to reality before he said what last he had to say. "We will challenge Fate's will." With no more to say, Skarner beckoned to his aide, Sigmund, leaving the small room in the institute to return to his home. Sigmund himself left a short note, informing any who were curious about the Brackern to inquire there personally, or to send a letter.

((This is just me moving my ask thread to Skarner's home. I'll get Viktor to update the list to reflect this soon.))

Ask Mälzahar

12-12-2012

Quote:
Skarner's gaze fell upon the Void's prophet with the weight of his ages of wisdom, with scrutiny and curiosity in equal measure. He did not owe the man any favors, his words a constant looming threat to the safety of Skarner's beloved Runeterra, yet at the same time, he did not regard him with any spite or hatred. He was aware of the circumstances of his choices, insofar as he felt he should be aware and so knew that for as much doomsaying as Malzahar did, his own race would stand bastion over the soil.

The natural order of life and death was a tricky thing and it had a guiding hand in many of Skarner's choices. If the Void were to come, the Brackern would rise to fight. If it were their place to lose, he would die knowing his race held fast in the face of utter danger, fighting for what they loved, for what bore them. He would pass on knowing that every inch of ground the Void gained was stained with the blood of their kind, knowing that their battle was fought as fiercely as was possible.

When finally he spoke to the prophet, his tone was clear, his words concise and accurate, channeling those feelings into every syllable. "We were not aware of your presence at the time, when last we were awake on this planet. Your strength is not a concern my kind cares about. When your armies come, know that we will be there. We will fight. Each Brackern will stand with resolve undying until you are either thwarted or we have lost. There will be blood."

Skarner's eyes closed in defiance to reality before he said what last he had to say. "We will challenge Fate's will." With his no more to say, Skarner beckoned to his aide, Sigmund, leaving the small room in the institute to return to his home. Sigmund himself left a short note, informing any who were curious about the Brackern to inquire there personally, or to send a letter.
((Sorry I know you want to jump threads but your response was too good to leave without at least some sort of retort.))

Malzahar hanged in the air listening to Skarner's words with interest, often he had heard the mortals of this world state they would fight and die to defend Runeterra, but few with such zeal that they would much rather fight and die, than surrender even in certain defeat. Such bravery almost generated respect for the scorpion in Malzahar, before being washed away, instead the prophet was disappointed. Disappointed that Skarner would not choose to ascend and become one with to void like himself.

After a short time pondering on the ancients words Malzahar made his response, his voice wasn't loud and commanding like normal, it was flat and clinical with no room for interpretation.

"We do not doubt your resolve Brackern, but as our armies tide over this world your strength will die with it. You will stand with the last of Runeterra's strength and still fall, and in doing so ensure our final victory."

As Skarner left the room the prophets voiced boomed once more.

"And in the face of such great power, nation and race, good and evil, will be tossed aside fighting for the future, the world their homeland, they would stain it with their own blood to save another day. But when their blood only drowns the world they wish to defend, it will grow sick and ill, and the corruption of the invaders will manifest itself under their feet. All time after this will be absent of hope and bravery and home to nothing but death. For not even something as ancient as stone itself can halt our advance."

Ask the Lunari

12-30-2012

Quote:

"Some of us chose to view celestial bodies, be they the moon, the sun, stars, other worlds as deities. The vast majority of our people, however, were more tied to our mother, Runeterra. Much as you see your moon, I see the earth and soil, the air, everything about this planet." Skarner stopped himself before his words began to escape faster than he could check them. "But, we do not turn a blind eye to the things that have given us what we have now. The moon is very much important to my kind."

"However, I recall, in my adolescence, that the moon was much more visible in the night sky. That it shone more brightly. I cannot say its beauty did not make the long nights I spent traveling from one quarry or cavern to the next in search of my Arachia much more bearable. A beacon, a guiding light." Skarner's eyes closed as he relived the memories, tinged though they were with sadness.
Diana would watch the brackern with with concerning eye as he gave his explanation, and smirks when he mentions "a guiding light."

Well then my theory might be correct then, Skarner. You say the Moon's light was a guiding beacon to lead you to the very destinations you craved to frequent to, seeing it's light awakened other feelings, not of your own... but in whole about a new perspective within the world.

Diana would grin, kneeling down and keeping her usual stare upon Skarner.

As I delved into my studies after joining the league, I've found that many of our champions from the past have rune-themed "Bodies", you and Xerath come to mind. These themed bodies might be of the summoners imagination... but I think not. They must have come from somewhere no? As I slowly studied the runes, I've found that they are of Lunari origin. This has made me come to believe that you, among others are actually one of the first few Lunari to ever live within our time, you may not have revered the moon or thought much about it... but this is... true.