Dodge Penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kierloway

08-05-2012

I've heard some buzz about them bringing them back. If you guys bring it back, and I'm only speaking for myself of course, I think it'll be very difficult for me to jump into games as frequently. Right now, we have to deal with trolls logging in and picking Zilean after a Nidalee has already been picked....or we get three tanks or three ranged ad carries and they see nothing wrong with it. I hope this buzz is untrue because it allows me to select my teams by not being forced to play with a terrible team comp simply because some players don't care if they win or lose. I've spent a good bit of cash on this game and would prefer to continue to do so, but bringing the penalty back will only limit my game time and force me to look to other prospects, such as Guild Wars 2 coming out shortly.

TLDR; don't bring dodge penalty back, some of us actually use it to dodge selfish players.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Dodge penalty should be implemented, specially now with the AFK detection method

Kiddalee

08-05-2012

Funny how you don't see the dodging as selfish. You are limiting your game as much as a dodge penalty would by refusing to play with people who don't do exactly what you want. You are limiting everybody else's games by making them wait through long queues again. Draft Queue has died because there is no dodge penalty to deal with bad teammates sticking their thumbs up their asses when their teams aren't perfect for them.

FDru

08-05-2012

"Please make the game worse for everyone else by making it better for me"

Yeah I'm pretty sure they can do without your petty contributions. Enjoy GW2!

Kierloway

08-05-2012

I'm not going to deal with folks picking troll champions on purpose, what is the fun in that for the team? It makes no sense. I'm willing to pick what needs to be filled in, and if others aren't then I'm not going to be put in a place where I need to deal with that. Having the option to dodge gives us more control.

naotasan

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierloway View Post
I'm not going to deal with folks picking troll champions on purpose, what is the fun in that for the team? It makes no sense. I'm willing to pick what needs to be filled in, and if others aren't then I'm not going to be put in a place where I need to deal with that. Having the option to dodge gives us more control.
Imagine trying to find a game, but it takes you about 30 minutes of waiting. A game finally pops up, everyone picks their champions, the countdown is about to finish, and someone dodged. You wait another 24 minutes to find a new game, to which someone else dodged in that game. Next thing you know, you're waiting 2+ hours for one game because one champion was banned that someone wanted to play.

KawkRawket

08-05-2012

or you could try to carry your teammates. but i'm guessing you're much too bad a player to do that.

irott

08-05-2012

A tank is not a tank unless you build them as a tank.

DiscworldDeath

08-05-2012

Kierloway, you will still be able to dodge, you'll just have to pay the price each time you do.

If you think people are seriously trolling, no sweat, dodge. You'll just have to bear the consequences.

This is a far cry from a situation where no one can dodge.

People still dodge on SR Normals, you know.

Kierloway

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawkRawket View Post
or you could try to carry your teammates. but i'm guessing you're much too bad a player to do that.
I'm not the best player, I can't carry a game if we don't get enough cc for our team. There are all sorts of situations that are possible here, so that's a pretty poor way to look at it I think. I'm not saying I just dodge for the heck of it, and I do try to communicate with people to see about good comps...but when they say "I don't care if it's not a good pick" or "whatever, I'm just screwing around" that doesn't cut it. I do play this game to win some and I'm not here to make it so that other players have a playground for screwing around. I'm usually willing to make compromises for people, but you get people that have a bad attitude and don't want to be a team player and you guys are arguing in favor of that.

If you're waiting half an hour for a queue I don't think you're going to end up being a jerk and picking whatever you want because you understand that isn't how this game works. Am I correct on that as well? I understand the frustration with people leaving as I used to play draft, but in blind it's a 30 second wait usually so I figure it's worth it. I'm not the best player but I've played about 1500 games and I only have 43 wins over losses. I understand this game and I don't think running around and picking whatever player you want despite your team comp is just a really stupid way to play.