Why to teammates try and cap the enemy bottom point?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolCatbus

08-05-2012

Why I made this thread is because this strategy almost always ends up on our team losing. It ends up with everyone dying and focusing trying to get bot back and forth while the enemy always has the Windmill.

This means we do not have 3/5 points and we slowly lose. It frustrates me because it's a slow drain of points and no one seems to do anything about it because the effort spent TRYING to get the bot point back, meanwhile me and 1 other teammate are spending our entire effort to try and get the windmill back, while the rest of the team is dying over and over and the capture of the point goes back and forth.

I would not give a **** what the hell our team did if WE WERE WINNING. But when this situation happens and 90% of the time results in a loss? Obviously something is wrong.

lolCatbus

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goronok View Post
USUALLY what happens... is we have three no problem... so everyone abandons top to jungle or fight over bot, leaving me up top alone to guard WM against 2-4 people. That's about 30% of my games. Now that... THAT makes me want to punch kittens.

Of course there are times where going bot is a good idea... even a GREAT idea... but those are the times people refuse to do it, lol.
This is my exact situation, everyone just leaves after they get top expecting it to defend itself, so then 3 enemy players just run up top, kill me and whoever else was defending, then cap it and run off to do other things.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

if you sit on a point for too long enemies will realize it and capitalize on that ;allowing them to cap your mid and zerg your bot because you are too "busy" playing poker at windmill is a really really bad idea.

Melvear

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolCatbus View Post
Why I made this thread is because this strategy almost always ends up on our team losing. It ends up with everyone dying and focusing trying to get bot back and forth while the enemy always has the Windmill.

This means we do not have 3/5 points and we slowly lose. It frustrates me because it's a slow drain of points and no one seems to do anything about it because the effort spent TRYING to get the bot point back, meanwhile me and 1 other teammate are spending our entire effort to try and get the windmill back, while the rest of the team is dying over and over and the capture of the point goes back and forth.

I would not give a **** what the hell our team did if WE WERE WINNING. But when this situation happens and 90% of the time results in a loss? Obviously something is wrong.
That's poor execution and play, not a flaw in the strategy of getting bot instead of windmill.

When you have 3, there's no point overextending unless you just aced them or near aced them. Likewise, there's no reason bot should be overpushing past the mid point if your team has 3, since it opens a large window for an enemy assassin to murder your ass and cap your point for free, or force you to waste your revive.

If you have 2, you just need to split their forces and engage them on your term. Bring them off their point, cap mid and ambush reinforcement, or gank bot and cap it. Issues always arise when someone goes bot and pushes with the bottom laner, or someone goes mid alone while the rest of top team derps around. Coordination and communication, even simple pings, make for good ganks and proper strategies.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
But when this situation happens and 90% of the time results in a loss? Obviously something is wrong.
You have far too many significant figures for your sample size and measurement error.

LadysKnight

08-05-2012

Quote:
You ever think you're maybe in that situation because you're out matched and thus deserve the loss?

Reynmaker

08-05-2012

I have not read this entire thread, save for some of the original post, but I am sure that it has been explained to you why you are completely wrong already. I feel it would take too many words for me to do so myself.

I leave this task to the posters that came before me.