Top Bots and Tower inspectors

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aToasterStrudel

08-06-2012

I'm not a top bot but you won't find me pushing a 4th point at their mid pretty much ever. The only time I'll go for their mid is if my team can't take the windmill and we setup a gank to cap mid/draw their team away.

The number of times I've had teams go for mid and get demolished on respawn is incredible. It makes me want to win by attrition instead of not gaining mid and losing top.

TCWA Tigerbite

08-06-2012

I'm confused, so I'm not supposed to protect top when my whole team bases while they're at full health and I'm left with 150hp?

@Ekis: I so ran into that Teemo yesterday. Hehehe

Redenbacher

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aToasterStrudel View Post
I'm not a top bot but you won't find me pushing a 4th point at their mid pretty much ever. The only time I'll go for their mid is if my team can't take the windmill and we setup a gank to cap mid/draw their team away.

The number of times I've had teams go for mid and get demolished on respawn is incredible. It makes me want to win by attrition instead of not gaining mid and losing top.
Yep, same here. You're better off spending your time in the jungle near speed shrine, scouting the enemy.

The worst part is that the same team will do the same thing several times over without learning. Take Windmill, push to mid, get ganked and lose Windmill, rinse and repeat.

You'd think that after the 2nd or 3rd time this happened, it would sink in. Nope!

Panwar

08-06-2012

"Don't go chase into the jungle guys JUST DEFEND!"

"JUSSSSTT DEEFEEEEENNNNNDDD!"

lbgsloan

08-06-2012

Yeah, generally if you wipe the enemy team take windmill you should be doing one of the following:

-Immediately go back to heal and buy, then camp speed shines instead of charging back up top.
-Gank bottom (good time to grab the relic as well)
-If you're the only one who didn't go back and someone on the enemy team is alive, then hiding in the top bushes until the team regroups is acceptable.

Standing on the point when nothing is going on is definitely the stupidest thing you can do.

Quote:
In fairness there are certainly times chasing around the jungle is just as stupid as standing right on top of the point. Dying a stupid death in the jungle doesn't help anyone.

NamKim

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post

"JUSSSSTT DEEFEEEEENNNNNDDD!"
Well, I will adopt this strategy near the end if my team has the majority. It is just because I know the enemy team is going to try making one last desperate move and I want my team to be in as defensive position as possible. Also, because I have a hard time not trusting my teammates to not going 1v5 against the enemy team. I am looking at those Darius players.

Panwar

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Well, I will adopt this strategy near the end if my team has the majority. It is just because I know the enemy team is going to try making one last desperate move and I want my team to be in as defensive position as possible.
The thing to watch out for though, is late game. late game standing on the tower is not a defensive position. Early game it works because the tower shots are very dangerous. Late game though, not so much. How many people have seen a well geared Jax, get a double or triple kill on tower defenders?

Generally late game standing on your tower just allows the enemy team to get into better positions than you, and then gives them a focal point to lay in all their bull**** right on top of you.

Just think about when you run into this position from the opposite end. Your team comes up on the enemy team standing all 4 on top of the tower. What is the first thing you do? Start laying in with the poke(which is almost guaranteed to hit someone). And then get them in a pincer so their squishies can't hide behind anyone and then initiate.

Standing on the tower late game only works in small scale duels or skirmishes and for certain champions(Alistar/Maoki/Malphite et al).

From what I've seen it almost always works better to catch the enemy as they approach your tower and pincer them. So their squishies are taken out from the back and they have no where to run.