Mac vs PC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Essieu

08-06-2012

Just uTorrent some windows, and bootcamp it. Easy peasy.

And on the discussion of Apple vs. Microsoft. I think if you know what your doing a Windows will always far outclass most Apple software/computers. Their harder to tinker with imo.

DericDraco

08-07-2012

iLol works great for me and there is a great Mac Community to help w/ any issues.

As for Mac vs PC. As I have owned High End versions of both, it's personal preference. Many newer game developers have clients for both. My personal opinion, I love the Mac OS. But in terms of hardware, nothing compares to building a Windows PC. Win just accepts a wider range of hardware, where as Mac is very specific to what will run Mac OS.

**Side note, I have yet to have any crashes, bugs, or other annoying occurrences on my mac. Where as every PC I have owned I have had a blue screen of death.

arcticnerd

08-07-2012

If you want to run LOL on your mac you need to look into the Bootcamp Utility. Using Bootcamp you can partition your hard drive giving you space to install a windows operating system (I would use XP). Once windows in installed on your partition you can boot up in either Mac OS or Windows.

After doing that you can install and play any game you want to on the PC side of your Mac computer.

GatorHatur

08-07-2012

I will always go a pc for gaming because you cant upgrade parts in a Mac without voiding your warranty or buying a new one... What do you mean Gator? Well, Apple solders all of its components including ram and graphics cards into their motherboards... why? Because they are filthy greedy and want your money...

For the record I do own apple products, but have not bought one in years nor will I. I wont support a company that openly monopolizes its product to screw the consumer. Yes they are good products but when they break... your screwed and get a million dollar price tag. At least with a PC you can replace that component yourself and a fraction of the cost to you, without having to buy a new one if so desired.

Charlieapplesauc

08-07-2012

just run windows on your mac via Bootcamp. thats what i did since there isnt a reliable mac client

Honse246

08-07-2012

This does not even belong on this board, move it to off topic.
I am pretty sure everyone in this thread (except for maybe one or two people) is under 10 years old.
Apple is the north korea of the computer world, it costs thousands more for less freedom and power.
They charge out the ass for cheap Chinese slave labor manufactured parts in a shiny case. I have and will never see something an apple computer can do that any other computer can't.
In short, if you did not build your computer with your own hands than it is 98% likely to be terrible compared to everything else.
OH and if you are comparing operating systems,
Everyone knows Gnu/Linux is the only os that is good.
The only reason people use windows is for games and game design.
The only reason people use osx/apple computers is to be stylish and popular with the other people who think Steve jobs is god.

acosn

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorHatur View Post
I will always go a pc for gaming because you cant upgrade parts in a Mac without voiding your warranty or buying a new one... What do you mean Gator? Well, Apple solders all of its components including ram and graphics cards into their motherboards... why? Because they are filthy greedy and want your money...

For the record I do own apple products, but have not bought one in years nor will I. I wont support a company that openly monopolizes its product to screw the consumer. Yes they are good products but when they break... your screwed and get a million dollar price tag. At least with a PC you can replace that component yourself and a fraction of the cost to you, without having to buy a new one if so desired.
This isn't true.

You just get charged twice as much for mac certified parts that are mysteriously made in the exact same factories everything else is made in.

And you get the migraine of figuring out a mac case.

Minrat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Hardware is basically the same in Apple and PC retailers (Dell, HP....)-the prices may be different for i won't go into that.

If you custom build your computer, it is neither apple or windows until you put that OS on it. I personally prefer windows due to the nature of being able to do everything a mac can+more.

OdinLegend

08-07-2012

Anyone who has experience with building computers will most likely choose PC. What Macs have over PCs is their good customer service/support and least likely to get a virus. Other than that you can custom build a PC with the equivalent specs at a much lower cost.