Mac vs PC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noahster11

08-05-2012

Hello, My name is noahster11.
Before you all start saying this is stupid or a bad thread I just want to ask a simple question.
I own both a pc and a mac. My mac is obviously better then my pc in terms of performance, but I'm not sure how to run LOL on my mac. It seems to be way easier to do it on the pc.
Which is better?
Thanks,
Noahaster11

Fluffy1

08-05-2012

Best:

PC = Gaming
MAC = anything else

that sums it up.

Kiljosh

08-05-2012

I dont really agree Fluffy. Maybe a few years ago there was a real distinction between Mac and PC vs say media editing but with current processing power/64 bit systems PC's can do anything a Mac can do just as well.

Now Macs on the other hand....if the game doesn't have a compatible client your screwed. So imo PC is always the answer unless you want to pay more money for a brand.

If you want to play LoL on Mac look up iLoL

noahster11

08-05-2012

OP here!
Does iLol use the native graphics and processing power of the mac or is it tuned down. Which one do you guys think will function better on which platform. Thats what I'm looking for.
noahster11

Kiljosh

08-05-2012

My friend plays on his Mac, I don't know what it has I think a Dual Core processor. It's a laptop so I'm not sure about graphics but he has to run his game low res/low graphics to run perfect.

It works but honestly if you want to game use the PC.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-05-2012

Mac=PC though cause Mac is a PC

Microsoft=Software
Apple=Hardware

acosn

08-05-2012

Macs are PC's. What you're talking about is operating systems.

Apple as a company never really understood how to hack it in terms of video games and the results are obvious.

Unless your windows based computer was just ancient its almost always going to have better performance and fewer migraines to make a game like League work.

And apple doesn't automatically mean it's better in terms of performance than windows. More often than not Apple charges you a premium for last year's hard ware that goes above and beyond what companies are charging for this year's hardware. and its slapped together in the same sweat shops in Asia, and aluminum cases are almost purely about looks. Five years later an aluminum case still looks good. That's about it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

There's an entire forum on this website devoted to playing LoL on Mac OS

Engrish

08-05-2012

THERE IS NO BETTER ONE. YOUR QUESTION IS TOO GENERAL. Do you mean the Dell XPS 15 vs the Macbook Pro 15 Retina Display? Or maybe an Asus G75JW vs the Macbook Pro 15? Or the Macbook Air vs the Samsung Series 9 13''? Or do you mean Windows 7 vs OSX Mountain Lion? Are you gaming? Are you the next Christopher Nolan? Or do you just watch Youtube all day?

There are too many different variables to give an answer.
END OF STORY.

Directw

08-05-2012

Currently, there is no official mac version of LoL. If you want play LoL on mac, there are two ways: using bootcamp or find a unofficial mac version. Sadly, the unofficial mac version do not work for me. I'm forced to use bootcamp to play LoL