Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dear Riot...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

08-05-2012

I'm going to be a little crazy here so bear with me.

Please ask some of the higher elo Dominion players what items they would recommend on champions.

I keep seeing really weird recommended items(Sunfire Cloak on Jayce?) for Dominion, and it makes me wonder if whoever put it there simply grabbed things randomly or if there really is a Rioter who thinks that is a good idea.

If there is a Rioter who thinks that way please have him come play some Dominion with us, we would love to help teach him the ropes and show him how awesome things are. Plus free hugs! Freee huuggsss!

yaaay

:|

HaIfhearted

08-05-2012

Yo Arlan, I have a better idea.

The next time Bahamut shows himself in the DominateDominion chat, ask him to ask Phreak to come to the chatroom for Dominion build advice.

I would do it personally, but I don't trust my short-term memory enough to rely on myself.

Volandum

08-05-2012

This is a great idea.

If they're too lazy to do that just take the item builds off Sauron's guide. They're not all great and they are often generic, but they're a good start.

hinderlopen

08-05-2012

there's also the problem that most champions have 3-4 viable builds. Most ap's alone can decide between cdr, tanky ap, and glass cannon, and it's not clear which build will be more useful in the general case. I guess for jayce they wanted him to go full tank and get his damage from his spells.

ArlanKels

08-06-2012

Quote:
hinderlopen:
there's also the problem that most champions have 3-4 viable builds. Most ap's alone can decide between cdr, tanky ap, and glass cannon, and it's not clear which build will be more useful in the general case. I guess for jayce they wanted him to go full tank and get his damage from his spells.

What you want to do with the Recommended items is to create an item list for newer players.

As such the people who would best know what those are...well, they'd inherently be the better players. They could point out "Easier builds" to help get you settled in.

Sauron's one big list of champs/builds is a great starting point for this.