Jungle Tristana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velpro

08-05-2012

Jungle Tristana - Could it work?

Just randomly thought about this. Post-6 ganks would be good i'd think. She can hide in bush and then hop behind the target and knock them closer to your turret. Other than a slow clear time at the start, what is wrong with it?

Kiljosh

08-05-2012

Her passive gets stronger as she levels so it would be kind of hard to make good use of her if she was jungling all the time.

Plus she needs good farm to get her strength. IMO the only way to get good farm out of the jungle is great sustain/great ganks so you don't have to b as often, and that she does not have with no healing/defense ability in her kit.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

No, this is a terrible idea. Almost all ranged champs are weaker than their melee counterparts, and jungling negates the entire advantage of range.
So all it does is nerf the champ you are playing in such a way, and its not very effective at that.

There are TONS of champs that have great level 6 ganks. Despite the fact that trist is dog slow and would never be able to position herself such that she can ult them back into the enemy, even with her leap..
Her pre-6 ganks would be awful. She does have the slow/gapcloser which is nice, but is otherwise unimpressive.
Her clear time would be awful.

All junglers dont really get fed all that much nor have great creep stats. Whereas trist is a lategame champ that needs tons of farm. Jungling is absolutely one of the worst things to do to her, other than playing her as support.

If you want a ranged Jungler, consider:

* Jayce - With double the abilities, he clears faster, moves faster, and ganks way better. He can engage with his Speedup portal, Gapclose with his Hammer form Q, and even Knock the enemy back, just like Trist with his Hammer form E. He can even get in a final hit or two at range if needed. He can do this at level 2!

* Fiddlesticks - one of the better ranged junglers, which isnt saying much. Hes ok.

* Cassiopia - suprisingly decent. Poison DOTS clear pretty fast. Ranged abilities have good ganking synergy...she speeds up when she hits with Q, slows them with W, spams E for high burst, and miasma even reveals the top bushes vs runners.

Velpro

08-06-2012

Well i would not say it is a terrible idea. You said ALL she had was a slow/gap closer... is'nt that great? She can slow/jump on an enemy and attack really quick for a ton of damage. All the while the laner is doing dmg as well. I am not gunna dismiss Jungle Tristana quite yet.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Well, whatever floats your boat I guess. I am simply saying that she is very poorly equipped for jungling. I even mentioned Jayce as a very viable competitor who can do everything Trist can do and a lot more, in the jungling role.

I did say all she had was a slow/gap closer. There are TONS of junglers that have this and much more. Compare to say Xin who has the slow/gapcloser and a knockup and sustain and tons of damage. Or Lee Sin with his 1k range gapcloser, his slow, and all his high burst damage.

Kirielis

08-06-2012

I've been bouncing this around but I wouldn't take it out of premade normals. If you fail, you fail horribly and are worthless, whereas plenty of junglers can fail pretty hard, build gp10s and continue to contribute utility. And those who can't usually have better ganks early game anyway, or better clear time so they're less likely to fail. See Kayle, who has just a slow and a speed-up, but her clear speed is insane, or Jax, whose ganks can pretty much guarantee a kill with the stun.