Gold 1 Mid main looking to learn ADC. Come give me tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheManStache

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2014

I'm streaming it here, please watch and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

http://www.twitch.tv/haoleboi69/

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2014

Right click on people REALLY hard.

If it doesn't work, blame your team.

Seriously though, make sure you're moving in between autoattacks, you totally could have killed that Ashe if you did that.

TheManStache

03-03-2014

Well first game went exceedingly well, lol

TheManStache

03-03-2014

Game 2 finally starting. Too many dodges, lol

Ester With Pants

03-03-2014

Learn to right click. A lot of ADC's forget that their right click is stronger than their ult. I'm not joking. Just right click and your damage will go through the roof.
When you have mastered the right click, then worry about spamming your abilities. But really, your abilities should be sparsely used to conserve mana unless it's full on go-time.

Coordinate with your support. They carry your early game. If Janna shields you, take a step forward and poke. If you see your jungle coming in, stop CS'ing and work with them to kill the enemy. Nothing is more frusterating than to gank a lane just to watch the ADC CS under tower when they could have secured a kill.

Don't splitpush as the ADC. Stay with your team, get in fights, be present, and shoot towers. I know that you want to buff that precious CS score, but the time for laning is over, and your job as AD CARRY is now. Carry your team, splitpushing is for other champions.

Kill towers. They are worth a lot of gold. They aren't particularity exciting to kill, but your odds of winning a game go up with each tower taken down, a lot morso than just chasing down one kill in the jungle.

Don't chase kills. It's bait. Or worse, they turn around and annihilate you without help and with most of their health missing. Your only job is drive your team forward, down a lane and kill everything in your way. All you care about is turrets, the nexus, and the people that your bruisers and Tanks are holding down.

Know how to build your champion, and know how to punish your enemy. Are they hording gold for a BF sword? Consider picking up a pickaxe, maybe an extra doran, maybe a red potion, or something so that you can force an engagement on your terms and in your favor.

Buy wards. It helps a lot. Supports have more gold now than ever, but a spare ward from anyone else drastically helps the game and your team, sometimes moreso than just stacking more damage on you.

BACKSTABUUU

03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ester With Pants View Post
Buy wards. It helps a lot. Supports have more gold now than ever, but a spare ward from anyone else drastically helps the game and your team, sometimes moreso than just stacking more damage on you.
I used to think so, and then I had a bunch of people who were higher rank yell at me for doing that. So I tried not buying wards, and my gameplay improved significantly because I was getting my big items before the other guy.

Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and buy a ward, but don't make a habit of it. I know it sucks to hear and nobody wants to be in that mindset, but spending gold on wards willy nilly will set you back really hard. My advice would be that if you really badly need wards, upgrade your trinket; you shouldn't have to if your support knows whats up though.

TheManStache

03-03-2014

Any tips at all would be good

Ester With Pants

03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKSTABUUU View Post
I used to think so, and then I had a bunch of people yell at me for doing that, so I tried not buying wards, and my gameplay improved significantly because I was getting my big items before the other guy.

Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and buy a ward, but don't make a habit of it. I know it sucks to hear and nobody wants to be in that mindset, but it does make a huge difference.
early wards are a lot more meaningful in the early stages of the game when warding totems only last for a measly 30 seconds. later on in the game, the post level 9 warding totem is a lot stronger with the longer duration, so you can worry less about it.

Sometimes you need to ward, sometimes you don't. Generally, I err on the side of "we need more wards" which tends to be true, but is not always so. Particularly so when other players are religiously using their totem and picking up wards themselves.

On that note, don't forget about your warding totem. A lot of junglers cry about getting their other buff warded, but know that one, you're only covering that area for 30 seconds, which is really meaningless if the enemy jungle decides to gank, and your warding totem can be a lot more meaningfully used to watch your lane bushes.