can someone explain sona...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0nkeyM4n

08-05-2012

being too passive?

it was me (sona) and vayne vs blitz and teemo.

vayne dies 4 times then blames me for being to passive and not being agressive enough....

i mean really? im a passive support who sits back heals and does damage with q when i feel like i can get a couple hits in..

btw vayne went 2/6/6 i went 0/3/3 oh and she got grabbed everytime by blitz and then blamed me for not using ult on the team before they grabbed her...

AlphariusRising

08-05-2012

Yeah, that Vayne was bad, but Sona is not a passive support. Her pokes are one of the best in the game for supports, you want to to be hurting and zoning them with your spells and power chords, especially since you outrange teemo and blitz both, provided you don't get grabbed. The strategy against a blitz lane is to wait for him to miss his grab, then go extremely aggressive for the next 15 seconds or so.

laxjoh

08-05-2012

That Vayne is a serious nub. Sona MUST be passive if laning against Blitz. No such thing as initiating Blitz with Sona because either one of you will get killed within a few seconds if your jungler or Mid isn't setting up a gank.

As far as being "passive" goes, when I lane against Blitzcrank, I always utilize Power Chord and do whatever I can to not lose presence in lane bushes. Power Chord is your friend. I'm sure you know this but Power Chording is what sets apart the really good Sona players from the average ones. There is a way to shut down Blitzcrank with Sona/Vayne laning but it is very hard and it assumes the Blitzcrank is not better than you skill-wise but rather on equal levels.

Sona is meant to be passive-aggressive. You should be passive most of the times, specifically beginning if laning against Blitz due to no boots and you will have generally harder time dodging his grabs. However, aggressiveness with Sona, again, mostly comes with Power Chords. I'm not pro with Sona, I'm still learning but watch some pros play and try to distinguish when is a good time to use certain PC's. W Power Chord is usually the best choice but using E Power Chord is amazing to slow down enemy targets from chasing your teammates or when you're chasing enemies and you can zone pretty decently with Sona as well.