Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

NoobFishing with blitzcrank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobFisher

11-10-2009

basicaly what u do, is u get mana part of philosiphers item first, and 2 health regen potions this will allow you to spam ur noob fishing rod spell early on in the game(rocket grab) and harass. Go any lane, preferably one where u will get pushed bak to tower, with another melee if u cant get solo mid. now use rocket pull to pull enemy champion near tower and punch up into air by getting q and e first. u get easy level 2 kills if ur lucky. against any good player it will be very hard to pull to a tower however there is one trick that always gets them and is very deadly especialy at low level. for example if u go middle lane. its possible to pull someone standing str8 in the middle bak to base using q. and they will never expect it. its best to wait till ur level to so u can also knock them up and aloow the tower time to kill them. to do this u must use q on the enemy, then quicky be4 they are pulled bak to u, use flash to teleport bak to your tower. the enemy champion is pulled to ur new position. its not a well known trick and should get u some sneaky kills if ur accurate.

summoner spells: flash is a must, it is amazing spell on any hero,(its not just a get our of jail card free which everyone seems to call it) even if you dont use it for the rocket grab combo it is one of the best offensive spells aswell, in this game, the diference between so many kills, is just the small distance between you and your opponent. for example: how many times have you laned against a ranged who is quite low but they know u cant hit them from behind their creeps, and whenever u try to run forward they run back. Only a noob wouldnt run bak when they see your going to atack them. a simple flash can teleport you right to their feet where u power fist them into the air and now you and ur partner finish off. if they dont die during the power first a good tactic is to chase while saving your rocket grab for a few seconds until power fist is back off cooldown, now grab that noob and sky rocket him into the air again. he will definatly be dead by now.

Max q spell first as it is your noob fishing rod and does good damage, can be used to pull through walls also. max e spell next however get 1 point in w for those times when u just need a bit of speed that can be the diference between geting your powerfist on someone resulting in a kill and not geting a kill. when u get ur ultimate at level 6 the key to using it well is to try and not use it unless u have to or need to silence someone dangerous(silence only lasts 2 seconds) dont think because your in a team fight and can hit everyone with your ultimate that you should use it. remember not every enemy champion will be targeted in a team fight at the same time, and 200 damage to everyone isnt much of a threat, when chasing someone without ur ulti passive, you will do alot less damage, use it for kills onlly, or the odd ocasion when your against a ryze and you know hes about to use rune prison, the 2 second silence can rly save your ass.i have seen many noobs in team fights activate this spell early on in a fight. It will contribute alot of damage in its passive form in the long run, and while its on cooldown u dont get the passive.

at around level 6, if you see enemy champions in other lanes not at full hp, you can usually pull off a succesful gank by usining ur fishing rod to pull enemies into dangerous areas, especialy if you atack someone on lowish hp, you will almost always get a kill, and warm your team mates be4 you run in as you can keep then pulled and stuned long enough for ur team mates to get a few damageing spells or atacks in .

in team fights do not be greedy and try and save e to get last hit on champions. its allot better to use it as a stun on an enemy champion to allow ur team to nuke it down. and if ur good at aiming ur noob fishing rod, you can be a very effect support aswell as a dps. always use ur pull and stun to help teammates in danger.

sorry dont have masteries and runes cos i didnt play him much be4 the update so havent tried out runes, but u would assume anything to do with hp or crit chance or maybe even abit of movespeed or cooldown reduction or a little bit extra mana regen would be useful on him. Proabbly could do well with any masteries, i wud prefer offence but im sure he can be effective as any build.

Blitzcrank is very capable of fighting against 2 enemy champions at the same time, he has huge burst, and by just using his spells and then kiting while power fist is down, it is possible to kill 2 mellee who chase you while taking very little damage. If u ever see 2 enemy champions together, but 1 is on about half hp and you are alone. dont be afraid to go for a kill, if your good and pick your battles well, you can get a kill without much risk of dying yourself and often you will end up killing both of them. remember, if you play at the top or bottom lane and an enemy champion is turret hugging because their on low hp during the laning phase, you can go around the sides and attempt rocket grab kills from the bush areas. Ive killed many people who think they are safe at their turret.

i know this is kind of a shit excuse for a guide i mainly just wanted to share my q and flash combo which can be used to catch out even the more experienced players. its still useful late game when turret damage isnt as useful, you can use it to pull a fleeing enemy bak to your team over a very far distance which i think is about double the lenght what it would be to use q spell on its own normally.

Alot of people like to build blitzcrank with alot of mana for his shield. Im not realy a fan of this as i dont view blitzcrank as a tank, the only item i use which gives mana is sheen. although the shield is great, usually spell kiting with power fist is enough to help you escape, and if you have played well early game, people will most often be running from you, my guide gives alot of hp, and some armor, you wont be below 20% hp alot during the game, so stacking mana for the shield would not be playing him to his full strenghts.

Items:
meki pendant + 2 hp regen pots.
finish philosiphors stone.
get boots of speed- upgrade to boots with movespeed rank 3
get sheen next
phage-->frozen mallet
atma impailer
phantom dancer (if u get to this point ur auto atk damage alone will be huge and you will chase incredibly easily with bonus movespeed and frozen mallet)
if game goes long enough u can sell philosphers and buy starks fevor. (ive mnanaged this in quite a few games so far unless the enemy team surrenders early due to being fished like noobs)
and if it goes even longer you can upgrade your sheen to a trinity force, but this has only happened to me about 2-3 times, shouldnt need to worry about geting this far in items.

after frozen mallet you will have about 3k hp without runes or masteries. and atmas will bring ur atack up to 200. after phantom dancer you will have it all. attack speed, high crit chance, good movespeed, slowing atack, and with ur spells you are a hero killing machine. also dont forget to spam power first when taking down turrets. at 18 does like 300-400 per hit on turrets. i play blitzcrank aggresivly, he is a good carry and support, and quite tanky too. Perfect for killing noobs. Blitzcrank is a cosntant threat throughout entire game, early game he is 1 of most deadly, and mid-late game he is a very potent hero killer, and amazing when teams are standing at a distance from each other and you rocket grab a champion bak into ur team for easy kill.

have fun and start noob fishing

P.S. also im not much of a poster, mainly cos im too lazy and unorganised to write anything to a good quality but while im here id like to say. for god sakes. stop buying dorans shield or whatever it is. i see so many blitzplayers buying this. if u really want to get hp regen atleast get regrowth pendant. atleast this builds into something good. you do not need the stats on dorans ring anyway as early game you need mana regen more then hp regen anyway, as his rocket grab costs 140 mana. and 2 health potions is more then enough to last till u can get philosiphers. you should just be last hitting creeps for gold. its ideal for you to be pushed bak to tower as it makes it easier for you to pull them into the tower to be nuked down and get free kill. even against a good player just use ur trusty flash + rocket grab combo, takes abit of practice but is very effective.

Pieceofcandy

Recruiter

11-11-2009

Ugh, this is way too hard to read.

OP throw this in Word hit spell check and add some paragraphs.

Huge wall of text impossible to read.

really

Recruiter

11-11-2009

Sigh...

The competency of some of these posters makes me cringe.

HOLYCOWBATMAN

11-12-2009

nice guide!!! noob fishin is phun

anata ga mori

Recruiter

11-12-2009

You've got a lot to say, but proper English and formatting really help. The flash trick is amusing; haven't seen anyone pull it off yet due to the timing.

Quote:
i know this is kind of a shit excuse for a guide i mainly just wanted to share my q and flash combo which can be used to catch out even the more experienced players.

You don't need 13 paragraphs to say that, man. Just keep the one about the flash combo.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

11-12-2009

Quote:
anata ga mori:
You don't need 13 paragraphs to say that, man. Just keep the one about the flash combo.
- Fixed

Basics
Go any lane, preferably one where you will get pushed back to the tower. Use Rocket Grab to pull an enemy champion near your tower and then immediately punch him up into air with Powerfist. Against any good player it will be very hard to position them correctly by your tower, however there is one trick that always gets them and is very deadly especially at low level. It’s possible to pull someone standing straight in the middle back to base using Rocket Grab and Flash. To do this use Rocket Grab on the enemy, then quickly before they are pulled back with your fist, use flash to teleport back to your tower. The enemy champion will be pulled to your new position. It’s not a well known trick and should get you some sneaky kills if you’re accurate.

Items
Start with the mana part of Philosopher’s Stone first, and 2 health regen potions this will allow you to spam your noob fishing rod spell early on in the game(rocket grab) and harass.

Summoner Spells
Flash - A must, it is amazing spell on any hero even if you don’t use it for the Rocket Grab combo it is one of the best offensive spells in this game. The difference between so many kills, is just the small distance between you and your opponent.
Fortify – For the purpose of this specific guide, if you’re trying to do the Grab-Flash-Tower combo, this spell will increase the damage output of the tower allowing more hits and increasing your kill chance.

Argent Shaman

11-12-2009

Hmmmm, I've been meaning to test this out for a while since I was wondering if it actually worked. I may have to play around with it some tonight now that I know it works. Good stuff.

Yeorwned

11-12-2009

Self promotional tactics! NoobFisher posting NoobFishing! Ignore his wall o' text.

anata ga mori

Recruiter

11-12-2009

Quote:
Yeorwned:
Self promotional tactics! NoobFisher posting NoobFishing! Ignore his wall o' text.

Made by noobs, for noobs. :P