Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is backdoor with Yi a viable strategy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lanxmas

08-05-2012

post your thoughts I'm interested in this because I've seen a few Yis backdoor and sometimes it turns the whole game around

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat Ninja

08-05-2012

Depends on the rest of the players.

Your team: Can they defend their turrets / base, or possibly push and win team fights 4 v 5?

If the enemy leaves a person to fend off and stop Yi's backdoor shenanigens, how will each of your teams fair in their 4 v 4 team fights?

The majority of times I see people backdooring, it's because one of two reasons. Their team is bad, and they are losing all the team fights, and Yi hopes maybe he can push some lanes / turrets / inhibs before the enemy team catches and punishes him.

If the enemy team is good / smart / just working together, it probably won't work. If they push their lanes out before going on the offensive, they'll probably do a 5 man mid push, knowing Mr. Yi won't be present in the team fights, and do more damage to you than you can to them in a shorter period of time.

It's usually a last resort strategy for me. Sometimes it works, agaisnt good teams, it generally doesn't.