Is playing Singed on top lane still a good choice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-05-2012

I recall people hating seeing Singed on top late, is it still?

Can Riven, Darius, Irelia, etc. counter him well?

XstreamFish

08-05-2012

Singed is very strong and even with those matchups he can still win if played properly

Ofermod

08-05-2012

Singed is still a good choice, in my opinion, but you have to be aware that there are some matchups that will NOT be in your favour. Specifically, Rumble or Teemo will ruin your laning phase. You can't stop them from getting farmed, and you can't manage to get yourself farmed. You can generally come back mid-game if allowed to farm a bit, since he clears waves very easily by that point,

AlphariusRising

08-05-2012

Singed is a very very strong champion, and even in countered lanes you're one of the easiest farmers in the game, so you can still get your items. In lanes where you win you can literally just push to their tower, then go past their tower, take the next minion wave, and then go counter jungle, all the while the enemy can't do anything about it, because you're singed, what are they going to do, give up CSing at the tower to chase you? hurhurhurhur

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Jungle Singed all day every day.

Sam Is Whoa

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XstreamFish View Post
Singed is very strong and even with those matchups he can still win if played properly
Singed is not nor has ever been VERY strong. He is good because regardless of how well you do a philo stone and by late game your unkillable.

He will be totally destroyed in lane by alot of top champs. But if he doesnt feed them kills and farms under the tower then it doesnt matter. He does however need a good team because he does not do much dmg and against teams with any cc he's easily focused after a team fight win. Dont chase him and your fine.

TehOnly

08-05-2012

I've had to face Singed a few times in the top lane when I was Olaf. He was pretty easy to manage with Olaf. But no matter how well I do in my lane, mid to late game the Singed always does fine once he has a couple of his core items.

Dannyboy64

08-05-2012

Teemo/Kennen ruin Singed's laning phase completely.

deirin

08-05-2012

idk...i played a lot of singed...i dont like him so much anymore...
idk if its just me but i fell like his poison dont reach like before...
ppl like literally need to follow you to be poisonned...
before, i felt like hitting some1 in front of me made poison trigger...

Zerthai

08-05-2012

Singed is still perfectly reliable. He just sits in lane like an immovable object farming and pushing. The problem that he runs into is that as the game progresses his dmg becomes worthless as compared to most top laners who get better as the game goes on.